Elk hunting in IDAHO

barefooter19

I am new to this. I was wounder if anyone knows of some good Elk hunting around Weiser. New to the Area. :)

I hunt Manns Creek religiously all summer long.....its not the trophy elk area it once was, personally I don't put in for it.

Is it in unit 11? I see on the odds tables unit 11 has a popular special draw...must be something getting people to put in for that one!

Manns Creek is in unit 31.......5 yrs ago I would told you it was a good unit....not anymore. Apply if you want, but personally I would'nt.

GatoMan is right. I drew this tag 2 years ago, and although we saw over 60 bulls in 10 days, we didn't see any of the big ones we were hoping for. It is a great unit to go and shoot a nice bull, but for the draw odds, it certainly isn't worth holding out for. Like GatoMan said, 5 years ago it was great, 10 years ago it was phenominal. There are still a few big bulls in there, but finding them after season starts is very difficult. The season opens on Oct. 15, 10 days after the general deer season opens. Plus there is a bear season going on during the same time, so there are lots of people running around the unit before and during the elk hunt. If you do decide to put in and draw it, I'd be happy to lend a hand. The country is steep, and the hikes out are long, but you will see elk.

Corey

Thanks for the help. So Hells Cannon is good. and manns creek is still ok elk just not as good as it once was. Have freinds in and from that area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mallardman1911
Back