Caribou Gear Tarp

Elk hunting arrows.

bow.hunter.406

I'm looking to buy new arrows primarily for elk hunting. I shot the Easton FMJ arrow last year and am looking for an arrow a little less heavy. Some where in the 8.5 to 10 GPI. I shoot an Elite Energy 32 with a 27 inch arrow. I'm looking at the maxima hunters right now.
Any suggestions or recommendations would be great.
Thank you.

Easton Axis n-fused, lighter than FMJ, been using them since 08 on elk, no issues.

Shoot the stainless insert with the VAP's and you won't have any issues

Shoot the stainless insert with the VAP's and you won't have any issues

I shoot victory RIPs with the stainless steel outsert. Gives you a strong tip with great FOC. Im loving them! Those arrows really drive.

I'm looking to buy new arrows primarily for elk hunting. I shot the Easton FMJ arrow last year and am looking for an arrow a little less heavy. Some where in the 8.5 to 10 GPI. I shoot an Elite Energy 32 with a 27 inch arrow. I'm looking at the maxima hunters right now.
Any suggestions or recommendations would be great.
Thank you.

What weight are you shooting? 70lbs? The Nano 340 would be a good choice. That's a solid arrow. You could build up the weight with a brass HIT, which will give you a good FOC and be in the 470 range depending on whether or not you use a 100gr or 125gr head. The GT XTs are another good option as are the Kinetics. I just finished a dozen Kinetics, opted to skip the outserts and instead used the brass HITs. That arrow packs some punch.

Why do you want a lighter arrow? What head are you shooting? What was your finished arrow weight?

I want a lighter arrow for a little bit more speed, but I don't want to give up penetration. Last year I shot the Muzzy 4 blades and was not a big fan with how they flew. Will be switching to Slick Tricks this year. The total weight was around 400.

I want a lighter arrow for a little bit more speed, but I don't want to give up penetration. Last year I shot the Muzzy 4 blades and was not a big fan with how they flew. Will be switching to Slick Tricks this year. The total weight was around 400.

IMO, speed doesn't gain you much on elk, I would rather have the heavier arrow. How fast is your current setup?

If you are concerned about penetration you might consider switching to a 3 blade or cut on contact head to reduce resistance.

What weight are you shooting? 70lbs? The Nano 340 would be a good choice. That's a solid arrow. You could build up the weight with a brass HIT, which will give you a good FOC and be in the 470 range depending on whether or not you use a 100gr or 125gr head. The GT XTs are another good option as are the Kinetics. I just finished a dozen Kinetics, opted to skip the outserts and instead used the brass HITs. That arrow packs some punch.

I shoot at 65# and use a 100 gr head. Will have to look into the kinetics!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back