Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Elk hunt access lists

Fire*guy

I have a burning question for you long time Montana hunters. Could you explain how the Elk access list works or really doesn't work. I ask this question because I was very low on the number on several properties this last year (2023) and I was kinda expecting to be called... but the numbers never changed for any of them. Is this something that doesn't really work ?

I have a burning question for you long time Montana hunters. Could you explain how the Elk access list works or really doesn't work. I ask this question because I was very low on the number on several properties this last year (2023) and I was kinda expecting to be called... but the numbers never changed for any of them. Is this something that doesn't really work ?
It’s another fwp failure

I had single digit numbers on multiple ranches/acreage and I never saw the numbers move on any of them. The whole thing seems like a scam.

This is the one I'm referring to:View attachment 309711
So those are the 454 or Elk hunting access agreements. My wife registered for one and got selected to hunt during the season. The number in my opinion would be where you would be in line. If someone ahead of you couldn’t participate and they made it to your number you would get called. I’m guessing this was for the general archery and rifle season dates and are not damage hunts. When my wife was notified that she had been selected to participate they said if we couldn’t make it work we should let fwp know so they could get someone else in there to hunt.

Nice, I'm glade it worked for you. Maybe this last year (2023) didn't have much need for the special hunts ? As I was watching several ranches and the numbers never moved.

Nice, I'm glade it worked for you. Maybe this last year (2023) didn't have much need for the special hunts ? As I was watching several ranches and the numbers never moved.
So was I . Watched over 20 different ones and not 1 ever moved

I’m guessing the number of hunters is small enough they won’t change much going forward. For example to get the permit they want they have to allow 3 hunters one of their choice and fwp picks the others. Unless someone can’t make it work that number I doubt changes.

I’ve seen countless people that have drawn a bull tag say “gotta bunch of people looking they are going to call me when the elk are there”. They never get a call. Landowner might dislike elk but they dislike hunters even more.

Out of the 15 or so ranches that signed up to allow hunting access opportunities... you should see a couple numbers move.... I shouldn't say this out loud.. but I will "it's Montana and no disclosure is required"...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back