MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Elk Daypack for Archery

I run kuiu packs and love them! I have the 7200 for packing in and the 3000 for a day pack. The 7200 is a little big but I have an Alaska trip in the works for which I think I’ll need the extra space so I went with the biggest pack. The 3000 is a great sized day pack that will hole a coat, snacks, stove, game bags and meat sling along with optics and a water bladder. They both work on the same frame which is extremely convenient and easy to use. I haven’t tried any other brands other than generic cabelas packs so I can only speak for kuiu but I’ve got no plans on straying from their packs! Good luck this year and stay safe!!

I use to use a Blacks Creek Canadian @3000ci and it weighed about 6lbs. I only packed out a couple of deer in it. It carried weight like crap.

I upgraded to a Kifaru AMR that more than doubled my space at the same weight. It packs down nicely in a daypack mode. I had rather carry meat in my bag and not between the frame and bag. It makes 100lbs feel as comfortable as it can. I got to test it out last year on a bull elk. It did very well.

You could also use a cargo panel and trick it out with some pockets and shave alittle weight.

Last edited:
As others have said Kuiu would probably be the easiest to buy larger bags later on since their entire pack line can all be purchased independently. I don't think I've seen the Mystery Ranch Pintler mentioned yet. It would make a great day pack if that's really all you're looking for. But again as others have said, get out of the day pack mindset, with that in mind the EXO 3500 and MR Metcalf would be the two to look at!

I picked up a MR Pintler a few months ago, so far it's been great on some scouting and exercise trips. I could easily do multiple-night pack trips with it.

My brother bought me ( and also one for himself) an Eberlestock X1 last year for our Kaibab late rifle hunt.
This is an excellent large daypack with bow carrier pocket and strap setup.
This pack looks to not have any meat hauling ability, so he also bought us each an Alpz Commander frame with load shelf (2).

My intention was to either buy the MR Metcalf or the MR Cabinet and be able to expand the overload when we got lucky enough to need to haul meat.
What we have currently works for basing out of the truck camp for each hunt but if we were to spike camp overnight the above mentioned MR packs would be better.

Both the packs that I have were given to me as gifts so I will use them as long as they work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back