Elk country pix II

BlackTimber

We call this place "The dump" we have always been able to "dump" one in here. It's kind of our backup if we can't get one on the open units. It is a spike/cow unit.
20177859.jpg

That's a great looking spot. It looks to be one of those sleeper places that one could have them sneaking in for water....Nice pic...
biggrin.gif

I have always dreamed of coming over a hill and looking below and seeing a lake down there with deer or elk around it. Have you guys ever seen any bulls drinking from those lakes before??

Actually I have never seen an elk drink from this small lake. This pond is feed by several springs above it. The elk seem to water here and stay out of this open area. This is one of thoes sleeper spots. I took this pic from the road. I found this spot 6 years ago and I have only ever seen 2 other hunters in there and that was last year. There are camps all over on the road but no one ever goes off the ridge.
biggrin.gif

Nice!!!
I didn't realize it was that close to a road, I saw a lot of these types of seeps in Wa, you never see much game around them or even much sign for that matter, I would guess because of the proximity of the road...
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back