elk camp

oleefish2

I spent 3 days at a friends elk camp and played camp cook. I did not draw an elk tag this year and still love being there and it was fun just hanging out and having food ready for when every one wondered back after a long day. They only managed 1 small bull but had them figured out and should be filling the lodge pole with elk quarters. They have 5 any elk, 4 are his daughters and 1 lucky guy and 4 cow tags. We had blueberry waffles, banana bread for breakfast and for suppers, chicken fried elk stakes with mashed potatoes and grave, Italian bake with toasted garlic bread. I also took home made salsa and hot sauce for all the chips they had on hand. Sadly I had to go home and baby sit the dogs since my wife had another commitment. We had a terrible blizzard all morning of the 2nd but the hunting should be great today. Good luck to all

Do you hire out? That sounds like a great camp!
I
If I have a good place to lay my old bones and a place to cook out of the wind or bad weather I am easy. I had a great fire pit and did most the cooking over it.

Back