Caribou Gear Tarp

Elk 1, Fire Hawk 0

Fire Hawk

Well the first day of my month long antlerless elk hunt has started. I looked long and hard and never found an elk on my hunting unit. I did see about 500 head across the street from my unit sitting in the sagebrush flats of Deseret Land & Livestock property. There were some real toads on the property. My camera didn't zoom well enough to take a decent picture. I will have to try again next week

If any of you know of where the elk winter near Randolf and Woodruff, other than the Deseret property, I would appreciate any info you could volunteer. I would really like to take MY first elk.

Anyways, the elk won yesterday but I saw a few decent bucks and overall a lot of deer. I had a real nice time being out in the woods (mainly sagebrush). Thanks for any help you could offer. FH

Can't help but want to wish you some good luck.
cool.gif

This is kinda late, but how you doing on your hunt, and if your still at it, good luck!!!
biggrin.gif

Well yesterday I spent another 8 hours in pursuit of the wiley cow elk. I saw a few moose, a lot of mule deer(one really nice buck), a lot of elk tracks, but mostly signs saying "No Trespassing" or the like. I have found where some elk have been frequenting, but with so much private in the area I don't know what to do.

I will try at least one more time to try and find them, but I am not going to hold my breath for fresh elk steaks. Keep encouraging me guys. Any help is appreciated.

Fire Hawk

FI-ER HAWK.... FI-ER HAWK
He's our man, If he can't score then NO-ONE can !!

After Elk.... only see's deer,
maybe he needs a-nu-ther beer ?

Fire Halk, Fire Halk GO GO GO.
We know it's tough hiking in the Snow,

Keep after it, and you'll get one,
If you don't then give me your gun !!

Gooooooooooooooo FIREHAWK !!!!

Thanks Moosie,

Have you ever thought of becoming a cheerleader? That was great! I am totally revved up and ready to go again. Thanks again for the pep talk. I need all the help I can get.

Now are you sure you want my gun? It is a new Knight Wolverine 209 in Stainless Black configuration. I also installed a new Burris Compact 1x scope. It looks like a muzzleloader in a rifle's clothing. I don't think you would like it at all. In fact, I believe you are in Idaho right? If you were able to shoot a ML with the 209 ignition system up there, I would probably just give it to you
wink.gif
Too bad eh?
drool.gif

Back