Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

electric bikes

KY Sportsman

Morning guys,
Anyone ever use electric 3 wheel tricycles for access? I am not at the point that I need one for access, however I am past the point that dragging a deer out of the eastern woods is not possible. I have a sled as well as a 2 wheel cart but still not possible physically. Currently I hunt with friends and use their 4 ATV to get the animals out, but they are not always accessible as they are hunting also. I do not want to process in the field as I use every bit of the meat. It is too good to let lie! I have looked as several on line with mixed reviews none of which address the issue of towing.
Thanks!

Pack frame, two game bags, skin the deer, cut it in half, bag it, hang one, pack out the other, go back and get the second one. Drug one buck about 30 years ago less than 100yds and loaded it whole in the back of my Bronco II, pita.

QuietKat has a e-bike with trailer, the Ranger model I think,or the jeep model both have a trailer hitch builded into it. I have no ideal on trike, but what I can see the e-bike is a option,I'm looking at them as well.
Morning guys,
Anyone ever use electric 3 wheel tricycles for access? I am not at the point that I need one for access, however I am past the point that dragging a deer out of the eastern woods is not possible. I have a sled as well as a 2 wheel cart but still not possible physically. Currently I hunt with friends and use their 4 ATV to get the animals out, but they are not always accessible as they are hunting also. I do not want to process in the field as I use every bit of the meat. It is too good to let lie! I have looked as several on line with mixed reviews none of which address the issue of towing.
Thanks!

Especially a three wheel electric version.
true but the e-bike is much much quieter, and a lot easier to lug around no trailer needed most of the time, Just be sure it's legal where your going to ride it. there are rules on the National Forest, most states look at them as a mtn.Bike. I know some on this forum don't like them but I really can't see a down side if that's what one needs to hunt.

I have an ebike (Radrover) that I use sometimes to simply transport myself, weapon and small daypack back to stands on back of the farms, etc., typically under a mile one way in relatively flat farm country. Mostly just ride the thing around on the county roads for fun.

Don't think the thing has enough #ss to pull a deer in a trailer plus transport me unless it was on pretty flat asphalt. In soft terrain with a few hills, I doubt it would do the job. A tricycle would have more resistance and be worse.

I have an ebike (Radrover) that I use sometimes to simply transport myself, weapon and small daypack back to stands on back of the farms, etc., typically under a mile one way in relatively flat farm country. Mostly just ride the thing around on the county roads for fun.

Don't think the thing has enough #ss to pull a deer in a trailer plus transport me unless it was on pretty flat asphalt. In soft terrain with a few hills, I doubt it would do the job. A tricycle would have more resistance and be worse.
Quiet Kat Jeep or Ranger model both can carry a 100 pounds plus, the two wheel trailer will carry most of the weight and they are peddle assist bikes so if more is needed peddle a little more

(I don't sell them or work for quiet Kat just looking to use on soon)

I guess you could drag a cord along behind you it would limit your distances
LOL I'm jokeing, yes it's a battery powered bike

I "borrowed" a nice one from the local Wal-Mart. It started out as a low rider but with a some new BFG's and some rancho shocks I've got it ready for the woods.

Quiet Kat Jeep or Ranger model both can carry a 100 pounds plus, the two wheel trailer will carry most of the weight and they are peddle assist bikes so if more is needed peddle a little more

(I don't sell them or work for quiet Kat just looking to use on soon)

My Radrover says I can get 30-35 miles out of it too, but it starts getting pretty tired and about out of juice at 20.
Those advertised results are for optimum weight passenger, fully charged battery, and good travel conditions.

They are actually getting more and more capable. There are a few out with dual 1,000 watt motors, one on each hub (all wheel drive). They also have 2 big batteries. Full suspension front and rear for offroad. Some of the battery operated dirt bikes are really getting very close to gas powered bikes in every area except range.

I've seen a few of the tricycle models but none that looked like they would be very capable off road.

My Radrover says I can get 30-35 miles out of it too, but it starts getting pretty tired and about out of juice at 20.
Those advertised results are for optimum weight passenger, fully charged battery, and good travel conditions.
Temperature makes a big impact, too. When it’s fall/winter I find my e-bike gets about half the range it does on hot summer days.

Some online say temps below 65 make a big difference, and that’s been my experience. Makes them not so great for the hunting season, which is almost always when it’ll be under 65°.

I may be taking mine out this fall, as my wife & I share one vehicle. I’m taking off 5 days in November for deer season, she isn’t.

My choices are either drop her off & pick her up at work everyday, which would mean I’ll miss both dawn & dusk, or camp out with only my e-bike (or a pedal bike) for transportation. Not really sure what I’m going to do about it yet.

I personally would look for a solid used ATV first cheaper and better all around with hauling capability ect.

ATV are not as easy too use as a e bike and require towing to your hunt area E bike looks much safer to me.alot quieter and a little easier over all,
ATV are not allowed on the National Forest land here in Texas (expect one trail near Houston Texas) E bikes are on most area's.

I may be taking mine out this fall, as my wife & I share one vehicle. I’m taking off 5 days in November for deer season, she isn’t.

My choices are either drop her off & pick her up at work everyday, which would mean I’ll miss both dawn & dusk, or camp out with only my e-bike (or a pedal bike) for transportation. Not really sure what I’m going to do about it yet.
Rent her a little pick up from uhaul for 20 bucks a day

Thanks for all the response. I have about eliminated them because a lot of reviews say they can be a bit unstable in turns.NOT GOOD for wooded trails. There is one with the 2 wheels in front which is highly rated but not on market yet. I am not a fan of ATVs but will use them for hauling. Fortunately, my hunting areas in KY are private & for the most part the haul out is not out of sight. There are usually 3 or 4 hunters so I can usually scratch up a 4 wheeler. We all usually help each other. Really like the idea of Quiet with battery power, but just have to wait. I ride bikes but only on "civilized" trails. Good luck to all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back