Eberlestock Just one Pack

Dave2643

I have to get a pack to pack in for an over nite(s) sheep hunt this fall on the Salmon River in Idaho. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Just One by Eberlestock. I need a pack with a scabbard and enough room to pack a bed and pad and lots of water. I have always horse hunted back country and have no pack gear at all. We are hunting from the river up on this one and need to stay as light as possible. Also need a self inflating pad if anyone has opinions on those.

I have a J-104 I like and use alot, even day trips.It fits me,carries well and more than I wish at times. Thermarest Prolite for pad,you do not want full inflatable in rocky country at all.

I've got an Eberlestock "Just One". I love it and the pack will carry more than I can carry. With that said, for just a little more money you can find packs that are lighter, compress down farther and are simply more versatile.

I have the Just one pack. It is awesome for really heavy loads, and compresses down fairly well for a day pack. It is a little on the heavy side for a day pack, but with the kind of hunting I do, it turns into a serious packer in no time. The pack is very well built, and has never given me any problems. I really like the zip open mesh front when carrying boned out meat.

I had a J34 and liked it a lot. Worked well for me and hauled several elk out with it. It was a big step up from my first pack.

I now have a Stone Glacier Solo pack. It weighs less than 1/2 of what the J34 weighs empty and will haul a heavier load easier and more comfortably. I really like the load shelf feature that allows you to just throw a boned out quarter (or two) in there and leave everything that you had in your pack and not have to empty everything out of your pack and stuff a bloody meat sack in there. I have the gun bearer sling attachment that I think is an improvement over the gun scabbard on the J34.

With all that said, the Stone Glacier costs about twice as much as the J34. To me it was worth it. To you it might not be.

The J34 is a solid pack, but it doesn't haul heavy loads near as comfortably as the Stone Glacier, especially boned out meat.

My 2 cents.

I have one. I've packed several caribou and one cow moose with it. I hated every minute of it. Why? Because it didn't fit my torso well. You can see the last caribou I packed with a Just One pack in post #4 in this thread: http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=263595

You'll notice the load sitting far too low, hitting my ass when I'd walk. That gets old real quick. I finally upgraded to a MR Crew Cab. It fits me well and I love it. I've even packed the front quarters of a bull moose with it. It wasn't fun but the pack did its job. I like the concept of the Just One packs. Not trying to dissuade you from one. Just make sure whatever you get fits you well. It'll make packing heavy loads suck less.

If my Just One pack wasn't tucked away in storage I'd give it to you for the cost of S&H.

I have one. It's heavy. I dont mind it when Im in shape. It's also alittle bulky. i have a smaller day pack I use most of the time instead to hunt with. That said If I know I'll be more than a couple hours from the truck and gone all day and then some with the possibility of packing something out I want the Just One.
Hauls everything you wnt to carry. I like the gun scabbard. If you're flexible enuf you can get it out w/o talking the pack off. I bot the little pouches to attach tio the waist band to put handy stuff in

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back