Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Eastern Oregon Family Freezer Fillin' Fun

elkrchr

After lurking for more than a year, I felt it was time to come out of the closet. My wife and I drew Eastern Oregon doe tags this year and the season started on Oct. 22nd. I secured permission to hunt some private property south of Pendleton, OR. Friday after work we drove to Pendleton, OR and overnighted at the Holiday Inn Express. After a quick dip in the pool and catching a few winks we headed south to introduce ourselves to the landowner and get the tour of the ranch. Once we had our bearings, we proceeded to have a wonderful day afield with our six year old son Wyatt tagging along. Needless to say, both tags were filled on fat, whitetail does and Wyatt thoroughly enjoyed the day afield helping with deer chores, finding quartz crystals and catching lady bugs, grasshoppers and a garter snake.

Our freezer now has less empty air space and I have two upcoming hunts on the docket; 1) Oregon general blacktail rifle hunt Oct. 30th-Nov. 4th and 2) Idaho OTC whitetail and wolf adventure starting Nov. 11th. Hopefully I'll have more photos to share in the weeks to come. Until then, get the kids involved, shoot straight and enjoy what our creator has blessed us with.

Attachments

• EO 1.jpg
    EO 1.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 212
  • EO 2.jpg
    EO 2.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 215
  • EO 4.jpg
    EO 4.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 207
  • EO 6.jpg
    EO 6.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 212
  • EO 7.jpg
    EO 7.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 215
  • EO 8.jpg
    EO 8.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 219
  • EO 13.jpg
    EO 13.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 212
  • EO 9.jpg
    EO 9.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 224
  • EO 11.jpg
    EO 11.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 216
  • EO 14.jpg
    EO 14.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 206
  • EO 12.jpg
    EO 12.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 211
  • EO 5.jpg
    EO 5.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 210
Nice job. Wyatt looks like a trooper. He'll be packing those deer out for you before long.

So, where do you hunt blacktails? I was out yesterday in one of my most productive areas in the Forest Grove area and it was dry and noisy...no deer. Hopefully next week will be colder and wetter, because if it don't happen then it ain't gonna happen. Haven't killed a blacktail in at least four years due to warm weather the last week of the season when I get serious about hunting. I pass up the little ones early in the season then end up staying home because its 65 and sunny when its time to go hunting. Hmmm. Wish we could hunt during the rut like in other states. Hmmm. Anyway, have fun and pray for some winter weather.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back