Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Early Owyhee rifle bull tag

elkohalic

The wife was lucky enough to draw this year and she is super excited, as am I. I am going to cancel my archery hunt for this but I am stoked to try and find her a bigun down there.

For those of you that have had the tag or helped out how many of the super tag hunters would you expect to show up down there? I know this hunt is 1 of 5 that opens on the 25th for rifle.

Just trying to get an idea of how much competition we will have. In the past I have seen planes in the air as the season gets near. Don't know if they actually are able to locate anything in the jungle down there but they fly around a lot.

This will be her first elk so she is very excited but also a little nervous. Hoping for a 350+ bull but we will see what scouting finds.

Thanks for any help you might have.

So you're looking for one of these? Good luck. I hear they are up there.:D

Attachments

• Draper Bull.jpg
    Draper Bull.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 411
There will be at least 10 tags down there and each hunter will have at least 5 people buzzing around on ATVs scouting and radioing to the hunter. Hunt hard it can pay off big.
Make sure and write a story of how it goes so when you get a tag next year people won't be so liped.

A buddy from Middleton drew that tag two years ago. Shot a good one. Said it was a great hunt, but there was a lot of road traffic pushing the elk into more remote holes and private land.

Thanks fellas. NVLongbow do you remember if your buddy mentioned if the road traffic started up before the opener from scouting for elk and the early buck tag down there? Or was it once the season opened.

I was down there last weekend and found a nice group of cows/calves and a few fresh bull tracks. Its looking more like water is going to play a bigger part than I had originally thought as it is VERY dry down there.

Shot an odd looking very dark coyote too. 20 lbs or so never have seen one that dark..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back