PEAX Equipment

Early Birthday Present

Muley1

I received an early birthday present today when I checked the ND G&F site and found that I had drawn a once in a lifetime North Dakota Elk Tag for unit E3. The celebration and phone calls began right away. Luck was definately with me today!! Only problem I see is that I may be passing on my Colorado Archery Elk hunt this year.

Buschy - you didn't happen to find any elk sheds when you were out last weekend did you? This may dampen my pursuit of the big one I'm after. As Hardscrabble said, we didn't have much luck in locating his sheds this year so far.

Thats cool if you're into elk hunting and all I guess. Just remember, for every bull you shoot, there are two less sheds out there for someone to find.

But it sounds like you are excited so I guess a congrats is in order.........

someone?

:D

congrats!

Nice!
The little bit I've read of elk hunting in ND, sounds like it's a really cool hunt.
Keep us updated on how it goes.

Congrats Muley. That should be a great hunt. Looking forward to hearing about that one.

Thanks, Big Fin

I will keep you posted and hopefully can provide some good pics.

Congrats Muley.

I hunted E4 with my sister back in 2000, very fun hunt although frustrating with some of the landowner issues.

What's the timeline on shooters in the park? Will they be culling the TRNP herd and hopefully pushing a few animals outside of the fences?

Congrats again Muley!!!!!!

It will be a fun summer of scouting and fall of hunting for your once in a lifetime bull! I can't wait to get started!

p.s. Don't worry, I will be in meat packing shape :)

Muley1

Congratulations!! I am certain you will make the most of that tag. Give me a call sometime and we can visit. My dad had that tag a few years back and he had opportunities at some good bulls, but never sealed the deal. I have some information that could be helpful and would be happy to share it with you.

At least someone can draw a tag as it sure isn't me but then again I have only been putting in for 29 years now. :)

Truly, best of luck to you and hope you tag a monster.

Good luck to to you. I hope you find a great bull to harvest. As a fellow NDakotan, I can appreciate your excitement on drawing such a coveted tag. I myself recieved the same result as in years past for my Elk tag-UNSUCCESSFUL! Maybe next year.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back