E-callers ?

Larry Landgren

Does any one have any good advice on a E-caller for coyote calling that works good and is under $300 ? I have been looking at the foxpro fx5 and fx3 and can't justify on dropping $500-$700 on a call. I have been looking at the prey masters and they seem a little to cheap .

From one cheap skate to another.....

I have the prey master. It works, no doubt about it. However, I find the cord an extreme hassle.

Foxpro's are super nice. My buddy has one.

I think the cord is 25 ft or 50 ft. It's just a hassle to wind up and unwind. Not to mention it gets tangled. Try pairing it up with a NADY wireless mic to get away from the cord.

i have 2 50 ft cords. It gets tangled, bungled, and twisted.

There was one time that it served as a trip cord though. I saw the cord jerk, I stood and saw a coyote at 20 yards in the tall sage intently watching the speaker. His head 'sploded a few seconds later.

Look on www.predatormasters.com There are frequently used units for sale in the classifieds for bargain prices.

Thanks for the info. I will be going to cabelas before the weekend and pick one up to try.

I was told a e-caller and a jack in the box is the way to go for cat hunting so I will give it a shot up north this weekend.

I would not go and buy a jack in the box, you can use a feather or a pheasant wing tied to a piece of dowl or to the antenna on your caller. I have a FX 3 and tie a turkey feather to the antenna and it works just as good, all you need is something to get their attention. Just a thought might save a little $. HAPPY HUNTING

The JIB is a great decoy, but not cheap. Look also at the whirling woodpecker. Sold right there in AZ.
Also check out the predator enticer, and predator supreme decoys.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back