Caribou Gear

E-callers ?

Larry Landgren

Does any one have any good advice on a E-caller for coyote calling that works good and is under $300 ? I have been looking at the foxpro fx5 and fx3 and can't justify on dropping $500-$700 on a call. I have been looking at the prey masters and they seem a little to cheap .

From one cheap skate to another.....

I have the prey master. It works, no doubt about it. However, I find the cord an extreme hassle.

Foxpro's are super nice. My buddy has one.

I think the cord is 25 ft or 50 ft. It's just a hassle to wind up and unwind. Not to mention it gets tangled. Try pairing it up with a NADY wireless mic to get away from the cord.

i have 2 50 ft cords. It gets tangled, bungled, and twisted.

There was one time that it served as a trip cord though. I saw the cord jerk, I stood and saw a coyote at 20 yards in the tall sage intently watching the speaker. His head 'sploded a few seconds later.

Look on www.predatormasters.com There are frequently used units for sale in the classifieds for bargain prices.

Thanks for the info. I will be going to cabelas before the weekend and pick one up to try.

I was told a e-caller and a jack in the box is the way to go for cat hunting so I will give it a shot up north this weekend.

I would not go and buy a jack in the box, you can use a feather or a pheasant wing tied to a piece of dowl or to the antenna on your caller. I have a FX 3 and tie a turkey feather to the antenna and it works just as good, all you need is something to get their attention. Just a thought might save a little $. HAPPY HUNTING

The JIB is a great decoy, but not cheap. Look also at the whirling woodpecker. Sold right there in AZ.
Also check out the predator enticer, and predator supreme decoys.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back