Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Dust elimination in truck topper

I put some 1" weather stripping down the sides of the bed so it gets pinched when the tailgate is closed, that stopped a lot of the dust, but my Leer topper is so drafty there's no way I can ever solve the problem completely. I have the "removable" front window in the topper, and if I push it all they way to one side there is a 1" gap between the window+frame on the other side, what a piece of junk :mad:

its called a trailer side inlet vent,,takes a 3" hole and will let air in as you drive,,so the vacum behind will stay out,,sealing the tailgate and such will also help.seems like roof vents and front windows dont push air in.

Following along. It's my mobile camper and I'm always super dusty, lol.

I have shell on my 13 Tundra, I just accept that dust will get in, especially in WY. Started carrying a electric leaf blower. I blast the dust out at the end of each day, way more effective than a broom. The lithium battery has more than enough juice for a week long trip.

Get a tailgate gap cover (rok block) and tailgate seal from Amazon. Use a flashlight and find the gaps in the sides where air gets in and place the seal as needed. You will not stop it all. I'm guessing you can reduce it 80-90% if you are detailed in your placement. Also, if done right the tailgate will require a little more effort to open and close. Despite the topper having a seal between it and the bed rail, you will still get some dust around the bolts. If there are gaps in the bed liner, just caulk it with rubberized exterior caulk (note:bed won't drain water toward the front after this is done). Probably 8 hrs of work and 100miles on dusty roads doing beta tests to find holes, and you will need to reglue after normal use of the truck bed. You sorry you asked?. 🤷‍♂️

Not perfect but I added big rubber seals for the tailgate and duct taped all the holes I could find. Seemed to help a good bit.

Also heard the bed rug works well.

Don't forget about any drainage holes in the bed itself. Also I imagine the tie down holes probably connect to open air also.

yes,the idea is to have cleaner fresh air push/ blow in from the front or top,,thus hopefully enough to blow out the vacum dust and dirty air coming in from the tailgate,,i know it helps alot on rain/road spray coming in the back of my trailer,,creating a slight positive pressure is the idea.

Really sealed my well with weather strip gaskets and tape over drain areas. Have a Diamondback cover that seals the top very well. Only problem is now the air pressure makes it hard to shut the tailgate. Kinda traded one problem for another.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back