Dull day afield

powderburn

Went out looking for sheds with 2 of my boys Saturday. Was a very dull day with the fog coming and going all day. We walked about 6 miles of draws saw lots of deer,pheasants and partridge but no horns. This is pretty much how dull a day it was.
huthill6.jpg

huthill5.jpg

huthill1.jpg

huthill.jpg

huthill4.jpg

P3181225.jpg

Sunday was just as dull but with 6 inches of new snow on the ground. My oldest boy Eagle-eye and I headed just north of Lethbridge along the top of the river bottom hills. We saw lots of deer checked many of the bedding areas but still no antlers. Of the 40-50 deer we jumped not 1 set of horns in the bunch, kinda like looking for a full set of teeth at the bingo hall. :D Koda wanted to retrieve all the deer we jumped.Lethbridge was built around all the coal mines way back in time and there are lots of areas that you can still find coal. The 1 picture is of a patch of a coal seem that reaches the surface. Funny part about this patch we found was it had melted all the snow and was dry. It was warm to the touch even with the temperature being just below 0.
day1.jpg

day2.jpg

day3.jpg

day4.jpg

day.jpg

Thanks Powder! That is what I was going to say, Looks like you should find some antlers soon.. There werent any on the ones pictured so they must have lost em somewhere? That must a good camera you got to capture a hun in flight especialy at that close range.. Should have been a blur..

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back