Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Dufree Hills 411-20 montana

sneakypete

I drew this elk tag, anyone ever hunt this area? If so archery or rifle. I've got one scouting trip planned in August. Any tips would be appreciated.

I've been there a few times. Access will make or break your hunt. The elk are pretty easy to find, if you can solve the access issue. Good luck.

I drew this elk tag, anyone ever hunt this area? If so archery or rifle. I've got one scouting trip planned in August. Any tips would be appreciated.

I have hunted it a little. Mostly archery. Are you a pilot with an aircraft? What would you like to know about it?

I am not a pilot ,but I have a friend who is a pilot. I have made a connection thru another pilot to show us around and where the landing spots are. Thanks Randy for responding also.

There are about four places to land. Two out of four are one ways. Three out of four are less than 500 feet and the fourth is about 900'. All being rough road and would recommend 850 tires as a minimum. If your friend does not have short field offroad experience I would not recommend landing on any of them. Pretty much can bet on uphill takeoff and downwind landings a lot of the time. Be safe and good luck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back