Yeti GOBOX Collection

Ducks in AZ

Recon_Doc

Anyone know when the best time of year is to hunt ducks in AZ? I'm thinking about trying some of the finger lakes up on and by the Rim this fall/winter.
Thanks

Where do you live ?

I live near Yuma and the Colorado River, canals and ditches around the farmland is good. The later the better.

While bowhunting in January near Nogales I would see ducks on stock ponds.
If you're into species collecting you might find some Mexican Ducks on stock ponds near the border.

Attachments

• IMG_4687.jpg
    IMG_4687.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 206
Where do you live ?

I live near Yuma and the Colorado River, canals and ditches around the farmland is good. The later the better.

If you're into species collecting you might find some Mexican Ducks on stock ponds near the border.

Im in the valley, but normally hunt up in Payson

I went quail hunting around Nogales the end of January of this year ducks on stock ponds and whereever there was water. We saw a few trucks with decoys in the back while driving, but never anyone hunting the birds. There was also doves everywhere, so maybe go when the doves are in season as well.

Agreed - I think that you can probably do stock-tank hunting for ducks, at the same time dove and quail are open (would have to double check the regs to confirm).

Likely come back with quite the mixed bag!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back