MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Duck Calling CD

teej89

With all the ducks we saw and ran into last fall im going to take a dive into hunting them this fall.

Looking for instructional CDs and a beginner call to start learning, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

With all the ducks we saw and ran into last fall im going to take a dive into hunting them this fall.

Looking for instructional CDs and a beginner call to start learning, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Save your money and YouTube it! "Ten" "ten" "ten"

This one on sale at Buck Gardner calls makes a pretty good sound and is easy to blow.

Let me look, I have a few laying around too. Biggest thing is deciding if you want wood or poly, and then double or single reed. It kind of depends on where and what you are hunting in. Big open water is far different than flooded timber.

This might be helpful but keep in mind knowing when and why to call is just as important as knowing how to call. Less is often more for beginners. Practice practice practice

I can tell you one of the easiest calls to learn to call on is a Haydels dr-85, and that’s coming from a guy who has lanyards full of every 100-200 acrylic and cocobo you’ve ever heard of and a lot you haven’t.

if you want to get serious about calling and killing ducks over decoys, hooking up with some friendly folks who have a lot of experience doing it will be far more valuable than a cd or video.

if your ever in Montana look me up.

YouTube or personal lessons for me but I'm sure there is a CD somewhere. But no matter what, practice as much as you can. I practice in the truck although some people would say that's distracting.

IMO we overthink duck calling too much, at least in the beginning. It keeps a lot of folks from learning because they are afraid of "screwing up". Don't let people tell you not to call in the blind while learning. That's BS. I've seen children randomly blowing and ducks still come in. Then again, I dont hunt with people that are obsessed with limits of mallard drakes and photo ops.

Let me look, I have a few laying around too. Biggest thing is deciding if you want wood or poly, and then double or single reed. It kind of depends on where and what you are hunting in. Big open water is far different than flooded timber.

I will send you my old, but still good duck calls if you want. Sanitizing them will be on you!

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! I completely forgot about this thread until now.

@JLS pretty sure I'll be hunting the open country in the central portion of the state. Not over here on the west side.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back