Dubya to End Elk Hunting in Wyoming

Toonces,

Can you direct me to their client list?? Do they really represent groups trying to stop hunting? I think not.

EarthJustice came out of the Sierra Club, and the Sierra Club is not anti-hunting.

See below the main client list.

http://www.earthjustice.org/about/clients.html

There are also links to the client lists of regional offices.

All list many animal rights groups among their clients including the HSUS and Friends of Animals.

The list also appears to include hunting and fishing organizations.

Again - given the client list I think we should think twice before supporting such a group without a clear declaration from them on their stance on hunting and hunters rights. I don't see clear evidence one way or the other.

EG - if you are going to state that this is a pro-hunting organization I would expect you would be able to support that better than you have here before suggesting we donate money to them in order to protect our hunting rights.

Toonces,

Thanks for the pointer, as the one I had was the "Wherewelive" campaign, and did not have HSUS. But there is nothing saying EarthJustice represented them on any anti-hunting action. :rolleyes: Should we not trust the good people at Trout Unlimited to know who they pick as legal representatives are effective?

I stand by my original statement to Nut, as I think it is incumbent upon hunters to send money to Earthjustice (and other environmental groups) telling them to "keep up the goodwork, and by the way, I hunt".

Remember 80% of everybody is apathetic toward hunting, and showing we care about the land, air, water, and animals wins us support. Being paranoid about links of links of links just means the PETA groups are winning.

"EarthJustice came out of the Sierra Club, and the Sierra Club is not anti-hunting."

Elkgunner & Ithaca, are you saying neither of you know who is on the board of the Sierra Club you both keep pushing us all to support?
Or are the two of you some mover's and shaker's that are helping to slip in and take over?

"Animal rights activist and recently elected Sierra Club Board member Paul Watson boasts openly that he's trying to "take-over" the Sierra Club and its agenda. He told the 2003 Animal Rights convention in Los Angeles: "We're only three directors away from controlling that board [Sierra Club]. We control one-third of it right now." He notes how few Sierra Club members actually vote in the annual elections and that poor voter turn-out makes his take-over efforts easier. "So, you know, a few hundred, or a few thousand people from the animal rights movement joining the Sierra Club -- and making it a point to vote -- will change the entire agenda of that organization," Watson noted. He then explained, "Once we get three more directors elected … we can use the resources of the $95-million-a-year budget to address some of these issues."

MD,

Just how long were you in the coma after the accident????
fight.gif

The Calendar is now 2004, the month is August....

Why don't you tell us who actually WON the BOD election for the Sierra Club,as it is old news, instead of just spreading your paranoia around.

You never should have taken on off the helmet... :rolleyes:

" Sierra Club Legal Defense Fund was renamed Earthjustice Legal Defense Fund in 1998.
Profile: Lobbying and outdoor group attacking private property rights and free enterprise in the name of saving nature. Sole effort is to centralize control of land and the economy in authoritarian state. "

"The Sierra Club is profiled in Ron Arnold and Alan Gottlieb's book, Trashing the Economy: How Runaway Environmentalism is Wrecking America."

Now come on gunner....
You seem to want every one else to come up with proof when they post some thing...
Well there has been a lot of proof coming from the rest and none coming from you... What gives? You getting to be all talk and no action? You are doing even more of what you accused me of doing a few months ago, now which way you going to swing?
Not as smart as you would like every one to think?
It is very easy to sit around and just spout crap, it is some thing all together to be able to back any of yours up.

Just like the question that you seem to allude to about me....

How in the world did I stab Moosie in the back?

This question will haunt you on this board until you either answer it, or move on.

You want others to jump thru all the hoops, now it's your turn...

As the old saying goes, "Shit or get off the pot"...

You may be able to brow beat your family and people around you, but there are those that can't be... ;)

Bluster and bluff just don't work in the "Real" world....

Cali,
One was against the law, the other wasn't....

If an attorney represents somebody for murder, does that make them a murderer?? EarthJustice lists Trout Unlimited as a client, isn't that enough of a connection to know that they are pro-fishing???

MD,
Still waiting for you to tell us who one the election that you are so paranoid about....

Cheese,
Can you even understand these kind of topics, or are they just way over your head???

Elkgunner, why dont you tell us what line of work your in?
Stop trying to dance around everything with child like crap.

Elkgunner ,again I have to ask you and Ithaca,do you know if I have suffered from any head injury or do you always make bad taste joke's about such thing's?

I would think people of your high class would have come up with better way's to make a point .
I guess we chalk it up to Boys will be Boys.
My boy got his butt whipping when he used the school yard crap to try to defend himself---------I juess it goes to show you why he grew up to be a MAN and you guy's havent.

That's a piss poor way to dodge the questions gunner...
You have to do better than that...

It doesn't matter if I can or can't, you can't answer those that you have started...
So the ball is again in your court....
Be a little more precise, name calling and bulling will not get you thru this. ;)
Or is it that you just can't answer any of the questions any more that have been put your way.
You have been sitting in the playground playing big man for to long and been by past by all your peers...

Now you sit and wonder where the world went, the old tired game play's just aren't working any more...

Is representing both a 527 and a political party illegal? If so -

"...The campaign of Senator John Kerry shares a lawyer, Robert Bauer, with America Coming Together, a liberal group that is organizing a huge multimillion-dollar get-out-the-vote drive that is far more ambitious than the Swift boat group's activities. Mr. Ginsberg said his role was no different from Mr. Bauer's..."

Is America Coming Together a 527? I'll do a search and see what I can find, unless someone here knows the answer.

In complaints against the groups, Republican lawyers have noted that Harold M. Ickes, who has helped raise money for and organize America Coming Together and the Media Fund, both 527 groups, is also on the executive committee of the Democratic National Committee.

I guess they are! So Kerry is as guilty as Bush, right?

Boy elkgunner can push yalls button huh? I don't agree with alot what he says but for-the-love-of-god some ppl take it a little to serious, love reading this stuff though it's the hunting mans soaps:)

MD,

The answers should be easy.... Let's see, you posted an article about 03, and the election has happened... Shouldn't you at least let us all know how the election turned out, or do you just enjoy the paranoia of year old articles???? :eek:

Cheese,
So you really can't comment on the topic of this post??? Not a clue??? C'mon, somebody like you should be able to answer, unless you have been living in a hole in the ground.... :D

Cali,
Are "get out the vote" groups off limits for members of a campaign? And if you work for the DNC (or RNC) is that the same as working for Kerry (or Bush)?

CritterGitter,
It's a gift.... :cool:

gunner,
Just as I have stated before, you can only stay on the little kid come backs, and you still haven't answered any of the questions one of which...

What did I do to stab Moosie in the back? ;)

Gunner,

Until you answer Elkcheese, he wont quit ruining
the threads. I think most people with two firing brain cells saw the Cheese stab Moosie.

Hey Elkcheese, instead of ruining every thread in SI, start a new topic...

Buzz,

I'm guessing that people will soon get tired of him, and ban him to Ohio.... :D I hear there is a website for Kooks (or is it cooks??) back there..

Hey Cheese,
YOu still posting back there on that Campcooking website???

I will ruin every topic that gunner wants to start or answer to, until he answers the question.
No amount of grade school bullying will make me stop...
gunner, Buzz does understand this...

Besides the only way I could possibly get banned is if I did some thing that would justify it...

You do more to get yourself banned than I.

You want this area to have controversy, well, you have it... ;)

Back