MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Drop Away Rests

Utbowman

Hey all, I was jsut wondering how many of you use these rests? I have been having horrible trouble tuning my bow. Last fall, I even tried changin my split limbs out for a solid limb. It helped some, but still not shooting bullet holes. Doesnt matter too much, until I try to tune my broadheads. My thought is that if I go to the fall away rest, that I can change the fletches to a more helical pattern, thus having less broadhead trouble. Any of you recommend any brand of fall away? So far I am interested in the Trophy taker, and one of Quiktune's models.

Thanks for the help.
Todd

I just had the Trophy Taker rest installed on my bow a couple months ago and I'm real happy with it. Shoots perfect bullet holes. It's a little expensive (cost just over $100 installed) but I think it's worth it.

I've been looking to get a fall away rest, this is one of the leading causes for never hitting bullet holes is because of fleting clearance problems. You should be hitting them though with out going to higher tech. Check to see if the rest is actually tipped up enough for the vains to clear the bottem of the rest. A little flower or talk works very well. Just sprinkle it on the whole rest and window area. When you shoot, you will be able to see if its hitting....I would try to clear up the problem before putting more money into it. It isn't the money thing, it's knowing and dealing with a problem before moving on to some thing else....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back