Drive the dog

engman99

I have a dog who is really doing good.Fast on track,100 plus barks per minute on tree.Simply refuses to run trash.But.................he has a lazy streak.He kind of loafs around and dont hunt very deep.I want him to kick dirt in my face when I turn him loose,and stay gone more than 20 mins at a time.I took him to the vet,and he has a clean bill of health,and I only feed my dogs the best.No cheap feed.And yes,he has had coon.He has had 'em green,red,sideways,upside down,and right side up.So now that I have ruled all that out,does anyone have any suggestions to how I can put some drive in this dog!

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

I'm not sure if this is much help, but many,many years ago I had a dog somthing like that. I found that he would hunt much harder if he was a little hungry(no food that day). might be worth a try?

I have done that with dogs in the past to.I think I would have to starve this one for about a week to get the results I want though!LOL
smile.gif

------------------
Hunt hard and prosper.

Engman 99
Try leaving him at the truck when you take other dogs to the woods and make him listen to the others run and tree.Or when he comes back to you leash him to a tree there and continue with the others.It mite tick him of enough to want to hunt harder.I think the amount of drive a dog has is breed in.But some need to be worked harder than others to bring it out.
Tobey

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back