Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Drew a KY Elk tag

Drew an either sex archery tag. Season dates are September 9-22 and December 2-8, so not a whole lot of time to hunt but I’m tickled to have the tag.
Did they call you or were you watching the drawing at the Outdoor Expo live? Results don't go online until tomorrow for the general public

I don’t know how the system is set up for access, other opportunities, etc, but….
if it were my tag I would not limit myself to the dates mentioned. I would be in the field for half of August with a camera looking for ‘Hank’.
I would spend a bunch of time in the shoulder season also. You might not be able to fill your tag yet but you need to use that tag to wear yourself out. What better excuse to get out and smell the roses.
congratulations on a tag of a lifetime. Best of luck to you.

Did they call you or were you watching the drawing at the Outdoor Expo live? Results don't go online until tomorrow for the general public
I watched the drawing on Facebook. Both the Kentucky Gun Company and the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife’s (KDFWR) Facebook pages live streamed the drawing.

Well I can’t think of anything more exciting. Congratulations ! Hopefully they are bugling for you in September.

Congrats!! One of the few opportunities to hunt elk east of the Mississippi in the states! Should be alot of fun. Keep us posted about the hunt.

Congrats! I got skunked again here at home. Are you planning on getting a guide? Everything I hear is that all of the land that holds a lot of elk is leased up.

Back