Drew a KY Elk tag

Congrats, I dew one 12 or 13 years ago now. definitely make the time to hunt I really regret not spending more time experiencing it even though I was successful and got a cow. probably a once in a lifetime tag.

I’ve been fortunate enough to hunt elk 57 seasons so far. 1/2 dozen years I managed to hunt in 2 or 3 states. I get more excited about hunts like yours than I do for my own hunts. Please keep us posted on your scouting And of course your hunt. My recommendation, should you care, if you have to choose between exercise or range time, go for a run or at least a hike. Good luck.

Drew an either sex archery tag. Season dates are September 9-22 and December 2-8, so not a whole lot of time to hunt but I’m tickled to have the tag.

Do they still make you do a secondary draw for the location? If so, do your homework and talk to the bios and choose wisely.

Drew an either sex archery tag. Season dates are September 9-22 and December 2-8, so not a whole lot of time to hunt but I’m tickled to have the tag.
I actually forgot about the draw on Saturday and woke up Tuesday to an email stating "you have been drawn for an either sex archery tag..." Just about wet the bed haha. Congrats on yours, hope it's a memorable experience!

Do they still make you do a secondary draw for the location? If so, do your homework and talk to the bios and choose wisely.
Thanks guys. I appreciate all the responses. @Jwill, yes I now have to apply for which areas I want to hunt. There are general units and there are limited access properties within those units. And yes, most private property with elk has been leased by local guides. But I do have access to some private property that has elk, but I still have to draw that unit before I can hunt there. The only way you can hunt property that’s not in the unit or limited access area you draw, is if you own the property.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back