MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Dream Hunts

#1 - AK Moose/Caribou combo
#2 - White Mountain Apache Res elk hunt
#3 - Bison.... not much of a challenge, I understand, but I just gotta kill one.

My number one would be the same as Danr's, except maybe combined with squirrels and rabbits, too. But, in the realm of possibility (however remote), there is:

1. Alaska for coastal brown bear
2. Alaska for moose
3. Africa for lion
4. Elk in a kick-ass unit that everyone fights over
5. Whitetails in Sask. or other good areas (probably won't go until they get their priorities straight)
6. Russia for brown bear?

So on, and so forth.

lets see...
1. AZ Mt. Lion with a bow. no dogs!
2. AZ Coues WT with a bow.
3. Caribou with a bow.
4. AZ House Rock Buffalo with a bow.
5. Moose anywhere with a bow.
6. AK brown bear with a big F'n rifle. Just to be safe.

cmc

Right now I would want to be able to make the circuit from Idaho to Colorado to Wyoming to Montana and get an Elk in each state, but I will never be able to afford a guide in 3 states in the same year. Then head down to California for a Tule Elk, and on up to Oregon for (I think it is) a Roosevelt elk. I would be more thrilling with a bow, but I would do either. Of course, it would be even better when my daughters are old enough to go with me.

Mark

Dream Hunt...

My dream hunt is sheep. I've put in many years for Idaho Rocky Mtn Bighorn and never drawn. The Grand Slam seems almost unreachable unless a person has a big fat bank account.

But now that I live in Nevada, its a good thing. It has the most sheep permits in the lower 48, Rocky Mtn, Desert, and California Bighorn. Someday I'll draw.

I'd also like to do archery moose.

Until then, I'll continue chasing bugling bulls with sharp sticks, stalking desert mulies, and do an occasional antelope, turkey, and pig hunt.

mine would have to be:

1. Alaskan Brown Bear (Rifle or Archery)
2. Alaskan Moose (Rifle or Archery)
3. Alaska coastal Black bear Rifle or Archery)

4. Moutain goat (Rifle)
5. Free range Bison (Sharps Rifle or Archery)

Paul, what is it with you guys from Mt. and sheep?
rolleyes.gif

65 inch archery moose hunt with a playboy playmate of the year as a cook.

1: Any elk hunt, bow or gun
2: A Kansas Whitetail, bow
3: Moose hunt anywhere,gun

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-28-2002 20:20: Message edited by: YoungRobinHood ]</font>

A 72" or better Alaskan moose bow kill!!!
Or a big griz with a bow at fifteen yards....That would get the adreniline fix taken care of....
biggrin.gif

Leopard & Cape Buffalo in Tanzania or Zim.

A sheep in the Rockys

Archery Elk on my own!

I better start at the bottom and hurry before my body wont let me get all this hunting in!

(The playmate cook was a great idea
biggrin.gif
)

1-Alaskan Sheep Hunt ----CHECK

2-Alaskan Goat Hunt ----2004

3-Sheep Hunt in the lower 48 ----????

My list:

1. Bighorn sheep in my home state of Washington.

2. A permit to hunt elk in the Quinault unit
with a rifle during the rut hunt in Oct.

Those are my 2 favorites, but I'll smile on
any permit drawn in this state.

Btw, Kraven, if you ever draw the coveted
and tough to draw goat tag for Corral Pass,
I'd love to help you out! With 2 goats under
my belt, I'm all done, so I'd love to help
guide someone to a nice billy.
smile.gif

For you guys who are dreaming about sheep, it might not be as expensive as you think, but ya gotta work at it.

You can get cancellation hunts for half price or less if you do it right. I'd start by joining FNAWS and attending their convention and talking to lots of hunters and outfitters. You can spend some time looking for sheep in Western states so you don't have to hire an outfitter if you get drawn. It might take a few years to scout out enough good sheep spots in a couple of states, but it's an interesting way to spend some vacation time and might pay off if you get drawn.

Ithaca,

You going to be at FNAWS this year? I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I will be helping with the Montana FWP booth, so stop by if you are in Reno. Getting a 1/2 price hunt from a reputable outfitter is pretty tough to do. The best ones book years in advance and have long lists of back up hunters. You never know though, with the bad economy, a good deal may be out there. Just remember you get what you pay for, and if it sounds too good to be true, often it is. These sayings hold expecially true in the outfitting industry.

Paul

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back