Caribou Gear Tarp

Dove opener.

Speculation... but likely so the birds have the morning to feed without getting hammered. The public dove fields get hammered pretty hard and after the first few days are usually shot up or birds move out.
This is my guess as well. The last couple years opening weekend was the only time worth hunting. There would be lines behind the people shooting, waiting to take their turn. Shoot a limit, leave and next in line steps up.
Go back next several weeks and never see more than 4 birds

This is my guess as well. The last couple years opening weekend was the only time worth hunting. There would be lines behind the people shooting, waiting to take their turn. Shoot a limit, leave and next in line steps up.
Go back next several weeks and never see more than 4 birds
In addition to never more than 4 birds, you'd also never see many hunters after the first week. Hopefully this spreads out the opportunity the fields can be hunted for. I'll stay tuned...

Awesome! Saturday will be my 12 year olds first dove hunt actually shooting.
Buy plenty of shells and let them shoot, they will be hooked for life. Last year was my youngest‘s first time shooting, when I walked into the kitchen at 4:15 this morning to make coffee he was fully dressed sitting in the living room. It’s his favorite day of the year.

My boys and I got 15 between the three of us this evening Gotta shake off the rust so we can lower the shell to bird ratio. Pretty sure the 103 heat Index didn’t help either.

Proud dad. Slash did well and had 15 birds in his mouth.
50295879913_516913d99e_3k.jpg

50296715682_26578db950_3k.jpg

Made it out a little later than expected tonight, but my son had a hot hand and picked up eight dove in a couple of hours. I on the other hand only got a couple for the evening. Our spot usually does better in the morning, so hoping Saturday's morning hunt is more productive.
IMG_20200901_200551454_HDR.jpg

Az. is wide open on Eurasian Doves, no limit open season year-round.
They do not count in your Dove total. 💥

Back