Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Dove Opener Overton WMA in Nevada

DoveEater

I just got the email from NDOW, I "won the lottery" and got a spot to hunt doves at the Overton, NV Wildlife Management Area Saturday September 2, 2023.

Anyone from this website going to be there? Would be cool to say Hi and meet in real life.

This will also be my first time dove hunting, though I hunted at Overton several times for waterfowl last duck season.

We hunted out there for years and I can understand why they went to a lottery. Lots of yahoos walking around jump shooting at doves and not paying attention to where other hunters were sitting in a blind.
I lost count of how many times we got peppered with shot.
Good luck to you. I hope you see lots of birds, sometimes it can be amazing.

I’ve hunted dove there a lot but never opener. Yea lots of idiots and it’s the same during duck season too. Was out there when the guy got shot last season. It’s sad but all my old spots don’t have any birds anymore and I don’t have time to scout new ones unfortunately

We hunted out there for years and I can understand why they went to a lottery. Lots of yahoos walking around jump shooting at doves and not paying attention to where other hunters were sitting in a blind.
I lost count of how many times we got peppered with shot.
Good luck to you. I hope you see lots of birds, sometimes it can be amazing.
Thanks, I’m a little apprehensive about getting peppered since they don’t do assigned blinds like in duck season. While duck hunting there last time I had shot raining down pretty close to me at times.

I’ll definitely wear my glasses instead of contacts!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back