Yeti GOBOX Collection

Double-duty 22 suppressors

howl

Suggestions for user serviceable 22 cal, centerfire rated suppressors, please.

I'm looking at rimfire suppressors from Griffin Armament which can be upgraded with addtional mounting for some use with 223 or 22-250. Availability is limited and the extras add up enough I can consider more expensive units if they exist and are available.

Are than any others?

I would be looking for a centerfire 22 cal suppressor to use also with the rimfire. Don't think a suppressor built for rimfire would likely stand up to the pressures of the centerfire cartridge. 1/2-28 thread would work on both so no additional adapter.

I have a couple 22 cal cans from Dakota Silencer (now Silencer Central). They are serviceable and rated for 22 cal centerfire calibers. They are titanium and have been pretty good to me for almost a decade.

That being said, I don't think I would like to use them on a 22 rimfire. They are somewhat of a pain to disassemble and clean and are much heavier than my dedicated rimfire can.

My recommendation to anyone looking for suppressors is to get a dedicated rimfire can for rimfire firearms and a centerfire can for centerfire firearms. I know many will agree, having just one suppressor is nearly impossible once you start using them. They tend to multiply.

Thing is I don't have a great deal of use for rimfire nor 22 centerfire. I want the can to have a dedicated one for my kids to use hunting with 223. You couldn't bribe my daughter to shoot without carefully donned ear pro. Me saying "hurry up and shoot. That buck isn't going to hang around" has no effect on how long it takes her to get ready.

If I had a rimfire can I'd probably use it, but only on rifle which I don't really see a need to suppress. Rimfire handguns with me are all revolvers. So.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back