PEAX Equipment

Double Day!

1_pointer

Wednesday morning, Dad and I met Grandpa at his house to load up the beagles and chase some rabbits. We figured it wouldn't be a long day of it, as Gramps doesn't get around as well as long as he used to since getting one of his kidneys removed last year (cancer). Once the dogs got done crapping and peeing on everthing we got busy to hunting. We ended up jumping 4 rabbits, with one ending up in a hole, one getting shot and lost
frown.gif
and I got the last two. I guess the old guys can't shoot like they used to. I did blow an easy shot at a quail, but beagles don't point too well!
wink.gif
After shooting the bull with Grandpa Joe and grabbing some lunch, Dad and I decided to drive a small woodlot to try and get me a deer. Once I was in position, I radioed dad to start pushing. About five minutes later, I notice the wind is blowing from behind me towards where I expect to see the deer coming from. I turned to look into the wind and across the small pond I was standing next too, a 'doe' was standing there. I put the crosshairs behind the shoulder and let one fly. It bounded off the berm out of sight. I chambered a fresh round and bent over to pick up my empty. As I was standing back up, I noticed another doe standing about 30yds to the right of where the first had been. With it facing me, I put the crosshairs at the base of the neck and dropped it on the spot. My first double! The first doe turned out to be a button buck, it just had nubbins. Oh well, good vittles.
drool.gif

Double_Days_2003.sized.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-24-2003 20:38: Message edited by: 1_pointer ]</font>

Way to go Tyler. Two deer in a few seconds, doesn't get much better than that. I hope this doesn't get you moving back east yet. I still have to use you for some Utah connections.
wink.gif

My monitor sucks, are those tags on the back legs? Much smaller than what I am used to seeing. I guess if you can get 1/2 dozen a year, they have to make them small.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Well done on the viddles.

Double, my a$$..... I am callin' BS on that one, at least till you post the pictures of the Two Bunny Wabbits you claimed to have shot....
biggrin.gif
And the Beagles...
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

How come there is no hoop on the back cement??? It is Indiana, I thought the law required every yard to have a hoop? Boy, things have sure gone downhill since Bobby moved to Texas..
rolleyes.gif

No pics of rabbits, their in Grandpa Joe's Freezer. I'll get pics of beagles next time.
wink.gif
The basketball hoop is next to where the photographer was standing. It's a beast, made of piping with 3/4" thick walls!!! Yep, basketball goals are a necessary addition to any house here. Kinda like cars on blocks in your trailer park!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Spike,

Help me out here bud. Your profile says Utah and you shoot whities.

What is up with the Hoosier stuff?
confused.gif
I know that is Indiana. Please clarify for me
confused.gif

ktc- I live in UT, but was born and raised in IN. I went home last week for a wedding and some hunting. FWIW, there are some whities running around Cache Valley.

Spike,

That is cool
cool.gif
. Lots of options to shoot deer. I kind of thought you were from there and visiting, but thought I would ask.
smile.gif

Back