Caribou Gear Tarp

Dont worry about the student loan forgiveness

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight… Democrats are the party of the “educated elite” but he’s buying votes by forgiving college debt? 🤔

If this strategy is to buy votes, it might be better to look into a pool of voters who aren't already heavily leaning your way.

About as dumb of a strategy is getting your name in the signature line of a stimulus check.
Beat me to it...but there was a letter with thumpers name on it in the same envelope as the check.

Nothing to see here...move along.

I'll be honest I got about two pages into this thread and was good. Just leave my post and scoot. My parents are farmers, made too much for student aid, and too little to help out with school. I worked my way through college and still have a crap ton of debt as does my wife (i'm a therapist she's a nurse). We've paid off most of her student loans, all credit cards, our used car loans etc. Not slacking. I work 50+ hours a week and donate plasma so I can have fun money but student loans are still a huge weight.
When we were going to school the trades were not the place you went if you had good grades (wish I would've look at them more, better pay and less debt). This probably isn't fair for a lot of people, i'm not gonna argue it is but it is nice for my generation and i'm not gonna cry over it. I also pay into social security that might not even be around for me when i'm older.
At the end of the day I think we should look at what were telling high schoolers, stop funding "basket weaving" courses (I have never seen one of those but did have to take a ski class for 2k) and try to balance out being fiscally responsible as a nation while also not buying into the idea that if we had to go through crap to get ours so should the next generation.

Financial literacy needs to start in grade school...and there should be a financial app installed permanently on every smart phone.
This is spot on and a big part of the problem. In my junior high we spent exactly two hours over two days on basic financial literacy. They called it something like “Home Finance” and we balanced a checkbook and went grocery shopping with a limited budget.

However, we spent two weeks building coke bottle lamps in the shop room. They also swapped the guys and gals for a week and we had to go to homec and the girls had to go to shop. They taught us how to fry eggs, make instant pudding, and cook a hamburger. The girls learned how to use screwdrivers and hammers.

This is absolutely ridiculous and a pure attempt at buying votes that I believe will completely backfire. I paid for most of my undergrad by working my butt off building houses every summer, and my wife paid for 100% of hers. AND we've been working hard to pay off her med school loans for the last 7 years by ourselves with no assistance, and no, we don't want any loan forgiveness because as consenting adults we read the paperwork before we signed it. People need to grow up.
Being out of med school for 7 years I’m hoping she doesn’t qualify because she’s making more than 125k?

Last edited:
Side question.... Is this Biden vote buying even legal?? At least the covid garbage went through congress. I would not be surprised if this gets challenged in court.
If it's not challenged and they let it slide what's to stop any president from doing it? Next could be if you owe the irs more than 10k and your business makes over 10 million you don't have to pay it.

I'm really tired of the government handing out money to everyone. The biggest problem isn't even with this student loan thing. It's more about the stuff that doesn't make the headlines. The money they send to other countries, give it to special interests. All this money comes from us. We pay for all of their campaigns. It might look like it comes from "donors" but those "donors" get their money back one way or another in some legislation.

I wasn't clamoring for student loan relief, in fact I was paying mine off and fairly indifferent on the matter. I figured if it happens, it happens, if not, I'll pay it off like I planned. But it's strange to me, this whole thing. No one that's complaining so loudly now seemed this vitriolic about the wealthy getting huge tax breaks and gaming the system to benefit themselves. Probably because they weren't told, by the extremely wealthy, to be outraged by that like they are here and now.

I'm a first generation college student, the son of a garbage man who has been underpaid his entire life to do a critically important job. It was pretty tough trying to pay for school and put a roof over my head while getting paid damn near minimum wage to literally bury dead people and, on bad days, dig up dead rotten corpses. So I took out loans. All the while the rich gamed the system, made record profits, bought off every politician in the land, income inequality through the roof, and I got paid diddly squat to do the ultimate dirty, emotionally scarring job. It never seemed to trickle down to me until I used my education, did a ton of additional training, and got a good union job.

It's nuts how pissed the talking heads of the extremely wealthy are about this. Aren't these the same people crying a river right now that the IRS is getting beefed up to make the ultra wealthy and others actually pay what THEY OWE in taxes? That seems AWFULLY hypocritical to me. But par for the course, especially when the rich control so many poor minds through straight up propaganda and modern day yellow journalism to vote against their own best interests. And that is a direct result them being able to do that because of poor education in this country.

I have a lot more sympathy for folks in this thread that work blue collar, non college jobs and got nothing. I truly sympathize with that. You guys deserve something too. You guys are the heart and soul of this country. But damn, I wish you guys would get this angry when the ultra wealthy get handouts they don't need, time and time again. I wish you guys wouldn't vote for politicians that truly don't care about you and use you to enrich themselves.

And let's be honest, this whole shifting debt and paying for other folks stuff goes both ways, on the political spectrum and otherwise. I don't have kids. But I pay a significant amount in taxes every year. And then I look around, in the reddest state in the nation, and all around me are folks, that don't pay any taxes, and they get tax credits for kids they shouldn't have had. Oftentimes more in a single year than this one time student loan forgiveness. I'm paying for their kids to go to school, to be fed at school. These kids add to the tax burden, if you wanna look at that way, but they get a tax credit every year just for having them? Does that make sense? Often times I'm paying to feed and house the same adult people who are flipping out that I just got a handout for once. But they have a 1000 dollar smartphone, and somehow they could afford that Let's Go Brandon flag.

I could go on and on. It's all just so bizarre to me, how people think (or don't think).

If it's not challenged and they let it slide what's to stop any president from doing it? Next could be if you owe the irs more than 10k and your business makes over 10 million you don't have to pay it.
Good question, but why stop at handing out money. If we are going to let presidents have this type of power, what is to stop a President Cruz from by passing congress and just selling public land?

No financial accountability -> “free” (not free) money to spend that doesn’t go towards personal student loan repayments -> money right back into the economy at the worst time to do so = higher inflation.

Anyone that doesn’t understand this, doesn’t get simple economics.

Joe Biden is an absolute moron and is 100% trying to buy votes.

Best part of all… the youth he’s trying to buy votes from are not the ones who traditionally vote. He just pissed off most responsible adults who actually vote.

Hahahahaha Give the guy rope and he hangs himself politically.

Last edited:
I would like to see banks and collages eat their own and be hit with limits. Payday lenders and loan sharks run the system.
I grew up with a system where you could put $ in the bank and get a 5% return. I took my $ out when they started charging you to bank.
I also would never have taken a large loan out to pay for a collage education.
I also joined up instead of taking the partial scholarship that a 3.9 gpa got me. I still have those 120 units I graduated HS with. But I also got 2 LEO degrees paid for me by my job,working as a LEO.

Burn the banks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back