MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Don Peay: The Man Who Would Be King...Baron

Some of these relationships are easy to sort out and some are more complicated. Take for instance the relationship with Chris Carling and Brand X Communications in Salt Lake City. Brand X does the web work for several of Peay’s non-profit ventures and Mr. Carling is also the public relations contact for Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife. Brand X is apparently connected with the domain Donpeay.com in some manner as well as the website for the proposed Jordan Cove LNG export facility near Coos Bay which will be facilitated by fracking in the very states where Peay’s groups are most powerful. The business suite where Brand X is located is also the business address listed for Big Game Forever LLC and the former address of record for Sportsmen for Romney.

Just some interesting reading is all.

I posted this in the other thread>

And then there is the whole issue with Arctic Red River Outfitters which appears to be owned in part by Peay but also partially owned by Sportsmen for Habitat with officers in common. And yet on their IRS 990 forms SFH claims no business relations with current or former board members. What? It is all very interesting but I will leave this to some ambitious investigative reporter who has the time and energy to sort out this can-o-worms or a similarly motivated IRS or SEC agent who ought to be asking some questions.

I'm really curious about this piece. I've looked into Arctic Red before and know they are used by guys like Seacat and Jason Hairston from KUIU who supports Backcountry Hunters and Anglers (put brochures into every shipment and is the keynote speaker at the Rendezvous later this month).

Clearly (or maybe not so clearly) Peay's connections run very deep.

If you want info and advice about how to kill elk with the smallest cartridge possible, the campfire is great. mtmuley

If you want info and advice about how to kill elk with the smallest cartridge possible, the campfire is great. mtmuley

...right before it dissolves into a shouting match between 70 year old children. Fact.:confused:

Interesting read. I wasnt aware that the RMEF was a trophy hunting organization though?

Remember Don was on the very first wolf management committee in Utah. When it became clear he wasn't going to get his way, he pulled a fit and got up and left to no longer be a legitimate part of the dialogue. Instead, he began dogging on DWR and the current director and that progressed into lame legislation by Orrin Hatch (hand puppet and really old guy) AFTER Simpson/Tester. He then used BGF/SFW as his platform to remain on the wrong side of the NAM and has proven progressive in his wishes to limit those same hunters (The Average Joe Hunter) who are so brainwashed they continue to hand him money. Now, Don and BGF get a taxpayer handout from Utah to stay on the wrong side of conservation in Utah. I was on the steps of our capital here in 1993. What he said resonated with me but I knew right then and there he was / is a blowhard! So disappointed to not have been able to attend a debate between that joker and Randy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back