Caribou Gear Tarp

Dog Gone Ugly.

riverswild

Dog Gone Ugly

First thing this morning I was out in the CF and right off the bat I was on some fresh coyote tracks in the snow. I quickly set up and called for about 5 minutes but nothing showed up. A half hour later I was completing a loop and found snowed in tracks coming back to where I had called. Not sure if it busted me or if it came back later?

Then I hooked up with Bobcat and we went out for a few hours, mostly just driving around and checking out a couple spots for future hunts. We did make a couple dry stands in some really nice spots.

Then Bobcat mentioned hunting a spot that we looked at a couple weeks ago. I was only half into it as I was very tired from a busy weekend. We decided to drive on by and check out another spot. As we passed I was mentally setting up for that spot just in case we came back. As I was looking it over I saw a dog walking through the tall grass. I told Bobcat to turn around and that I wasn’t sure if it was a coyote or a domestic dog. I thought it was a coyote, but something didn’t look right about the way it was walking. We drove past, turned around and quickly pulled in to the turn out. We got our gear and before we could go very far I pulled out my binos and saw that it was a coyote. A nasty one at that. We hurried behind some bushes and I pulled out a hand call. He was coming straight at us and I don’t know if he heard us or if the wind was swirling, but he stopped, put his nose in the air and started looking around. As soon as he put his head down I let out a couple squeaks on the call. He turned slightly and headed to our left and stopped. As soon as he stopped I shot offhand from a little more than 125 yards. Bang Flop.

When we got to him we could see that we did him a favor. He was in very poor shape with open sores and mange. Needless to say, we left him there.
Shot at 1:30 in the afternoon.

webIMG_4922.jpg

webIMG_4926.jpg

webIMG_4925.jpg

webIMG_4924.jpg

That's not an ugly coyote; but this is!!!

Took this one today!!! He was an old dog; several rotten and/or busted teeth.
3-3-09-coyote-mange003.jpg
[/IMG]

3-3-09-coyote-mange004.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back