Does Thermacel work for you? (Skeeters)

I gave up on it when I had mosquitoes landing on the thermacell itself. Seemed to make no difference at all. YMMV.

Works for skeets for me, not at all for no-seeums. Works for both for the three daughters and seemingly not at ALL for the wife. Dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just tell the Mrs to give them the same look she gives me at times and they’ll be too afraid to bite…

100% the only thing that makes bow season tolerable here. Been in some absolute swamps and not had any problem.

We have had good success with them. make sure you keep the liquid going on it. I had some friends who started using Eucalyptus Oil and something else and it also worked but didn't last as long and wasn't as effective.

Using it normal though it worked great the times I've used it. I plan to use it while bear baiting this year.

I have had good luck with them at lower elevations without a lot of wind. Regular Thermocells will not work at altitude, above 5K' unless you get the one for high altitude, but I have not seen those for a while. You can also mod them (youtube is your friend) easily to work at higher elevations.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back