PEAX Equipment

Does the NRA stand for hunters?

Here is an interesting article regarding the evolution of the NRA since it's inception (not sure where Time is on the political spectrum so YMMV):

http://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

I don't believe the current NRA would stand for hunters if it came down to it. Guns are some of the tools I use to go hunt on public land. If I don't have public land to hunt, I don't need the tools. If the NRA released a formal statement of support for federal public lands, this land grab nonsense would be over.

Does the NRA claim to represent hunters? Yes.

Has the NRA spoke out in favor of public lands that 70% of hunters in the West rely on for the majority of their hunting? No.

Make of that what you want.

Good grief I'da hated being some of y'all's Comp teachers. It's right there in the original post. "The NRA is the premier organization for hunters in the world."

Other than grandiose claims in magazine ads, what has the NRA done for hunters?

They are not a hunter organization. They are not a blue collar organization. They are a gun rights organization and there is no institution more effective at defending that right.

I agree. They put the rights of guns ahead of the rights of hunters & the average American. See, we can find common ground! :)

If the NRA doesn't stand for public land, I don't see how they would even enter the equation for standing by hunters. Sure we use firearms and they fight for your right to own them, but when has someone tried to take away the type of firearms we use to hunt? I've never heard anyone want to take my 12 gauge away, 30-06, muzzleloader, etc. Even reading Obama's plan for what I think he calls common sense gun legislation, I didn't see anything that tried to take typical hunting weapons away.

Im not trying to start a 2nd amendment debate, I just want to know why hunters are so inclined to join this group.

Last edited:
I agree. They put the rights of guns ahead of the rights of hunters & the average American. See, we can find common ground! :)

Were getting closer. :eek:

Guns don't have rights though. So perhaps we can say "They put the rights of gun owners to bare arms ahead of any other rights of hunters or any American."

I think we found some common ground. :) Its narrow. But I think it works.

Were getting closer. :eek:

Guns don't have rights though. So perhaps we can say "They put the rights of gun owners to bare arms ahead of any other rights of hunters or any American."

I think we found some common ground. :) Its narrow. But I think it works.

Great. So we agree that the NRA isn't supporting hunters in their fight to keep the one thing that lets them hunt freely.

We agree that they back politicians who are actively seeking to eliminate public lands either through seizure or sale.

We agree that they have not come out in support of hunters who hunt on public land

Seems to me they're not pro-hunter or the premier organization for hunters, as they claim. Agreed?

everytime the NRA supports some tea partier who wants to take our private lands, they prove to me the are ANTIHUNTER and only exist to promote gun sales.

The NRA has one job, protecting 2nd amendment rights and the 2nd amendment is worth protecting. I wish they would do something to stand up for public lands, but I don't see that happening.

Every one who's concerned about public lands should become a member of Back Country Hunters and Anglers. If we could help turn it into something a fraction as powerful as the NRA, we wouldn't have to worry about the future of public lands.

Perfect....

Every one who's concerned about public lands should become a member of Back Country Hunters and Anglers. If we could help turn it into something a fraction as powerful as the NRA, we wouldn't have to worry about the future of public lands.

Thanks. Signed up and paid up.

The NRA has one job, protecting 2nd amendment rights and the 2nd amendment is worth protecting. I wish they would do something to stand up for public lands, but I don't see that happening.

The NRA could stand up in support of public lands but they don't and they won't for one very simple reason, they (the Big Shots at the NRA) don't like public lands and have no desire to share a hunting spot with a host of blue collar DIY hunters all hunting the same public accessible public land. They don't need that headache when they have enough money and influence to hunt any damn piece of private ground they choose and not have to deal with other hunters.

Now, through a transfer they see an opportunity to put even more land in private hands and available for their exclusive use, so all the better for them. They get more and more and we get less and less for the same amount of hunters. At some point in time given this scenario, we're just gonna throw our hands in the air and say I quit, to hell with this BS, take it all,I've had enough!

Now if the rank and file NRA members told the NRA elites they weren't renewing there memberships until the NRA started supporting public lands this bullshit transfer idea would come to a screeching ass halt, but they won't because too many of the rank and file buy into the BS the NRA puts out that all the Dems. on the planet are hell bent on abolishing the 2A and taking their guns and their freedoms. So long as the rank and file stay the good little soldiers they are, the NRA will never issue a statement in support of public lands, period...

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back