Does anyone know if you can eat CROWS?

deergrower

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago watching Knight and Hale TV show and it seems they were crow hunting and were grilling them but I can not find a recipe of any kind for crows anywhere. Can anyone help me out please?

Well, ther's hardly enough breast meat on a crow to bother with, but.......if you're hungry?

Ingredients:
10 crow breasts
BBQ sauce
2 onions
Tabasco sauce

Preparation
Place crow meat in a deep pan. Pour as much BBQ and Tabasco sauce as desired over the crow meat. Let marinate for at least 2 hours. Slice onions into thin slices and push out the centers to make rings. Place onions in skillet and place crow breasts over onions. The two flavors will combine while cooking. Put skillet on stove and cook until onions are brown and meat is tender. Serve crow over the onions.

Grilled Crow Breasts:
Breast out crows the same way you would a dove. Soak the breastin water with a tablespoon of salt for 30 minutes to draw out some of the blood. Marinate the breast for 20 minutes in a soy based sauce. Red wine also works well but needs to soak overnight. Drain off the marinade and place the breast on a hot grill with wet hickory chips and cook for 10 minutes on each side. Avoid over
cooking as this tends to dry out the meat and toughen it. When cooked properly the meat cuts and looks like grilled venison.

Growing up during WWII, when the ration books got thin.....crow was pretty good eatin'.

Eat Crow? On occassion, when I ended up putting my foot in my mouth.

BOHNTR )))--------->

deergrower, I ate marinaded crow meat at a sports show where they were selling crow calls and the marinade. It actually was pretty good in the marinade. They had it cubed and after they marinaded it they either grilled it or smoked it.I'm sure it would be just as good in a Terriaki marinade with smoked seasoning.

Ask anyone on the Lakers. I think they are eating a lot of crow now!!!

They would probably like a few new recipes, too!!

go to www.crowbusters.com they have recipes and anything you could ever imagine about crow hunting. Be sure to read the Hate mail section. Its some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen from antiihunters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back