Doe hunts are invaluable for me as a bowhunter

At one time when NV had a pertty high deer population you could take either sex with a bow. I would gladly shoot a doe since I have yet to arrow anything.

I got an email yesterday from a Wounded Warrior organization I belong to about some deer hunts being offered to us. They are doe hunts on private land. The nice thing about the tags is that they are List C, which means we can have as many as we want until they sell out. Another nice thing about this is that they have agreed to allow my wife to join me in the hunting opportunity. Yet, another time doe tags come in handy :D

Good for you, John! I love watching those hunts on TV and the people that have contributed so much time and money to help you guys who earned the opportunity to do that.

You will have a blast, I am sure. There is nothing like a freezer full of steaks, ground meat, sausage, jerky etc., etc.

You are fortunate to have a surplus of deer over in your neck of the woods Shay. Around home here I would feel guilty to kill a doe any more.

I did draw a Willamette doe (any deer) tag a couple years back and had fun killing a doe with my bow. It was great right up until I was gutting the doe and heard rustling leaves and of course a heavy horned mature blacktail buck came right to me at 20 yards. :eek:

You are fortunate to have a surplus of deer over in your neck of the woods Shay. Around home here I would feel guilty to kill a doe any more.

I did draw a Willamette doe (any deer) tag a couple years back and had fun killing a doe with my bow. It was great right up until I was gutting the doe and heard rustling leaves and of course a heavy horned mature blacktail buck came right to me at 20 yards. :eek:

Tough break Joe! But look at the bright side. She probably tasted really good :hump:

We have driven from New England to New Mexico for cow elk hunts. I have flown to Utah 6 times for January cow elk hunts. If we can draw non-resident archery Whitetail licenses next month for Kansas, we will hunt that state for the first time next fall. While the prospect of seeing a big Kansas buck is exciting, the opportunity for multiple doe tags really cemented our choice for a destination this year. This past winter our freezer only contained deer, elk and geese.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back