Do you keep your dogs inoculated against rabies?/Flea-tick protection?

When I do rabies shots for dogs, I don’t half ass things like the young punks these days. Back in Old Yeller’s days, they knew how to handle it. But now the ammunition is too expensive and I stay up worrying about whether the dog will be within my MPBR

7E838446-FC94-4060-96D8-D415757BBEA8.jpeg

All of you guys with the pet monkeys better not watch the movie King Kong.

Boy, things have changed. Look at the list of similar threads below this one. All have 0 replies. We used to be able to let this drivel go. :ROFLMAO:

I might just TRY things out until I find the least expensive thing that actually works. Like working up a handload for match shooting or big game, work up a total pest control regimen for your domestic animals. This includes keeping kennels and bedding pest-free. I used to hear wash dog's kennels, houses and bedding with lemon Joy dish soap years ago. Don't let your wallet take any more "recoil" than it needs to take to get it done. Always attack the premise when considering something new. WHY do I need this? Ask yourself if there's something less costly and/or safer that works just as well if not better? I want to spend my money as efficiently as possible.
You might want to reconsider getting a dog. Purchasing a dog is the least expensive part. The cost of preventative care will eventually surpass the cost of your canine freind in its lifetime. If it gets injured or I'll the cost can be in the thousands. I would consult with a veterinarian in your area to see what preventative care recommendations they can provide for your region. Without proper vaccinations and parasite control, you could be in for a very costly adventure should your dog become Ill. Don't knock a slight mark up in products from the vet. They have committed a significant amount of their life becoming properly educated and trained to ensure the best possible outcome for your pet.

You might want to reconsider getting a dog. Purchasing a dog is the least expensive part. The cost of preventative care will eventually surpass the cost of your canine freind in its lifetime. If it gets injured or I'll the cost can be in the thousands. I would consult with a veterinarian in your area to see what preventative care recommendations they can provide for your region. Without proper vaccinations and parasite control, you could be in for a very costly adventure should your dog become Ill. Don't knock a slight mark up in products from the vet. They have committed a significant amount of their life becoming properly educated and trained to ensure the best possible outcome for your pet.
Absolutely; however, according to one of his earlier posts in this thread he had 2 dogs in the past, but got rid of them when they got too expensive.

Absolutely; however, according to one of his earlier posts in this thread he had 2 dogs in the past, but got rid of them when they got too expensive.
He is in for a shock. Lives in an area where leptospirosis and heartworm are common. Talking $200 per year just for heartworm prevention alone.

If a dog gets too sick or injured for economic feasibility, it prudently gets put down by money-conscious folks. Poor sick humans don't get put down because there is VA/Medicare and Medicaid. Animals on farms and ranches who can't earn their keep, well you know the rest...

He is in for a shock. Lives in an area where leptospirosis and heartworm are common. Talking $200 per year just for heartworm prevention alone.
You mean that Once a Month Wormer Hartz sells in stores won't work anymore? This website gives natural solutions to control dog worms in including carrots.
Thrifty domestic animal owners are wary of pill-pushers in the vet industry. Dog ownership should not be limited to those with Rockerfeller wealth.

You mean that Once a Month Wormer Hartz sells in stores won't work anymore? This website gives natural solutions to control dog worms in including carrots.
Thrifty domestic animal owners are wary of pill-pushers in the vet industry. Dog ownership should not be limited to those with Rockerfeller wealth.

in my experience the cheaper you try to be the more it will cost.

sorresto collars are good...buy from a vet then you get what you pay for and get the company backing the product. buy it online save $20 get a cheap knock off that looks similar doesn't work, makes your dog sick, spend an extra $100 for the emergency above & beyond a regular appointment & necessary treatments

we use vectra since it repels mosquitos & ticks, bravecto is good too and in the summer months we double up on our product using both to be safe since lime disease sucks, anaplasmosis sucks, and all the other flea, tick, mosquito diseases suck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back