Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

DNZ mount

TN2shot07

I have my first rifle from years ago (H&R 25-06) and was considering upgrading the scope/rings and getting it back in the field. Maybe some trigger work at some point down the road too... It’s still currently wearing the bushnell we got on it that day and the cheap rail with the clamp on weaver rings. Just curious what the best base options are for one of these? I like the look of the DNZ setup and they seem to have decent reviews just never used them before.

I use DNZ Game Reaper mounts on all of my rifles, from .243 to 300 Win Mag, and they have worked flawlessly.

I wouldn’t mind trying a set of talleys, I know they make some nice stuff (really want a set of their cerakoted rings for my Hell’s Canyon). I’m finding limited options for bases on the H&R and wanted to do something besides a rail.

I have a few DNZ's on my rifles. .270 win, 7MM Rem Mag and 30-06 and they all work very well. No problems with alignment, and they've never loosened up on me. No issues at all with holding zero.

Game Reaper mounts are great because it's one solid piece and there are fewer moving parts. The only downside is, unlike a rail with separate rings, the game reaper has fewer adjustment points when mounting a scope. Also, if you ever purchase a new scope that has a bigger diameter tube, you would have to buy a new mount vs just new rings.

Game Reaper mounts are great because it's one solid piece and there are fewer moving parts. The only downside is, unlike a rail with separate rings, the game reaper has fewer adjustment points when mounting a scope. Also, if you ever purchase a new scope that has a bigger diameter tube, you would have to buy a new mount vs just new rings.

Good point on adjustment, I need extended Talley fronts for the pullback. The DedNutZ do look sturdy tho...

I’ve loved the DNZ mounts on the 2 rifles I’ve used them on. Super easy, less bolts to torque, and I never lapped any of them, just bolt and go.

I have a few sets of DNZ Game Reapers and love them on short action rifles. Not enough adjustments for my short neck on long action rifles, and for those I use a rail

I had a set on my Kimber Hunter and they shot loose. I like the concept and they seem well built. But, I don't trust them so, I switched them out.

I have my first rifle from years ago (H&R 25-06) and was considering upgrading the scope/rings and getting it back in the field. Maybe some trigger work at some point down the road too... It’s still currently wearing the bushnell we got on it that day and the cheap rail with the clamp on weaver rings. Just curious what the best base options are for one of these? I like the look of the DNZ setup and they seem to have decent reviews just never used them before.
I’ve got one DNZ on a TC Encore .308 and have had no issues. I also have several Talley one piece mounts on .300 Win, .50 cal muzzleloader, 6.5 Creedmor, Savage 220 slug gun, and others. I much prefer the Talleys but have had no trouble from either.

Ive used them for years, has been my go to mount and work great. I did just order my first set of talleys reluctantly, mostly just to match my Xbolt hells canyon I just bought. Still wanted to go with DNZ but matching cerakote looks too good to pass up

I have a few sets of DNZ Game Reapers and love them on short action rifles. Not enough adjustments for my short neck on long action rifles, and for those I use a rail
This is what I have found also. If you have a long action with a short tube scope it may be difficult to get the proper eye relief, at least it is for me. That said I have DNZ Game Reapers on my muzzle loader (CVA Accura V2 with a Bushnell DOA 250), .308 (Savage 11 with a Sig Whiskey3 4-12x40) and 300WM (TC Compass with Leupold vx-Freedom 6-18x40 CDS).
I had to go with Warne high rings and Warne base for my 30-06 (Savage 111 with a Sig Sierra3 BDX 4.5-14x44) but may be getting rid of that scope to get a longer tube scope and go back to the DNZ.
DNZ are solid and I really like simplicity of them.

I recently added a CCOP rail to my Springfield 03A3 to accommodate long action, short tube, and Warne QD rings. It's not as unsightly as a regular p-rail but slot choices are more limited. As you can see, with forward ring in last slot ahead of loading port cutout, the scope is almost bell onto the ring for scope relief that fits me. This CCOP rail closely resembles DNZ in appearance. I had choice between aluminum and steel. I went with steel but had to drill a hole in it to match what was already in the receiver (easier than drilling and tapping another hole in receiver to match the one in rail - military did not tap Springfield receivers for scope bases - done by gunsmith with hole placement wherever). The steel seemed to be hardened. Black powder coat finish but I'm getting the gun reblued this summer and will have them do the rail at the same time.20220210_231856.jpg

Last edited:
Back