DIY Lion Hunting?

Its totally doable.. although most won't put the time and effort into doing so. You'll definitely put on some miles doing so. I've tracked a few cats and jumped them while "cat napping", it'll happen if you put some effort into it. Also glassing areas with cat sign and isolated wintering elk/deer in canyon areas are productive. Finding kills and sitting them are also an option.

I tracked this one and caught it napping under a pine tree and decided to bring it home....no dogs...
481189_4818655998208_787821184_n.jpg

Digging up this old post as I just booked flights to Denver for an elk hunt in Wyoming with son during the first half of December 2023.

I have started looking at lion outfitters in southern Wyoming, but if anyone can recommended an outfitter that would be great.

Ever better, if you have room for my son and I to join your lion hunt I would be happy to take you hunting here in New Zealand anytime.

Last edited:
Digging up this old post as I just booked flights to Denver for a hunt in Wyoming during the first half of December 2023.

I have started looking at lion outfitters in southern Wyoming, but if anyone can recommended an outfitter that would be great.

Ever better, if you have room for my son and I to join your lion hunt I would be happy to take you hunting here in New Zealand anytime.
I wish I had dogs and could help you.

For me the best thing about hunting North America is the chance to dream about hunting a new species and then occasionally making it happen DIY with hunting friends. I've done two amazing hunts in Wyoming the last two years that until recently I never thought I’d ever be able to do. This year I'm heading to Alberta to try for archery bear and moose.

Anyway, now I am looking at DIY mountain lion hunting. I know this hunting is normally with dogs but is there a way to realistically hunt lion with out dogs? Maybe a predator call or over a gut pile? Also any recommendations on the best state / area to hunt would be appreciated.

I might end up going with a guide but only if OYO isn't realistic.

Thanks!
Don’t worry about the naysayers. There’s tons out there.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back