Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

DIY Elk hunting partner needed for SW Montana 2015

buckykm1

DIY Elk hunting partner needed for SW Montana 2015.

My Regular Hunting partner informed me that He is taking his Wife to Hawaii for their 40th anniversary in 2015. And he won’t be able to hunt in 2015 and he is retiring in 2016, so it doesn’t sound like he will be going then either.
I am 62 years old, married, I don’t drink or smoke. And my Wife prefers that I don’t hunt alone 1700 miles from home, and the hunt is more fun when you have a partner to share it with anyway. I made my first Elk hunting trip in 1986, and have gone almost every year sense. With the last 6 years to SW Montana, and have been lucky enough to get 3 elk in the 6 years.
So I am looking for one person interested in going with me on a DIY Elk hunt to Montana in 2015, and maybe beyond. It will be a Rifle hunt.
I live in SW Michigan, so it will need to be someone in MI. or a neighboring State, so we can meet several times to make sure that we can get along. And have similar hunting styles and ethics.
I will be leaving on Sunday October 18th at 3am and be back on Saturday, Oct. 31st.
I have all the camping gear, and it is all first class.
I have a 14’ x 16’ Wall tent with a 10’ awning out the front. porta potty, Shower, propane heat, wall to wall carpet. And a Honda Generator for power.
The 2 week trip will cost about $2000.00 each. That includes pretty much everything. the License, food at Camp, gas, Motel each way on the trip and the propane for heat.

I do have 2 Rules in my Hunting Camp that are ZERO TOLERANCE.
1 - No Drugs period.
2 – No Alcoholic Beverages during hunting hours.

If, you’re interested, send me a PM and let’s talk.

Kevin

Sounds like you'd be a good hunting partner. Except I'm way too far away from you and I don't know for sure if I will be elk hunting next year yet. Hope you find somebody. I would really like to go on a trip with an experienced DIY public land hunter. I think it would do me a lot of good to get some first hand lessons from somebody who has been successful.

A little far away

Sounds like you'd be a good hunting partner. Except I'm way too far away from you and I don't know for sure if I will be elk hunting next year yet. Hope you find somebody. I would really like to go on a trip with an experienced DIY public land hunter. I think it would do me a lot of good to get some first hand lessons from somebody who has been successful.

Yes, you are a little far away.
I really enjoy my DIY public land hunts, they are always enjoyable, getting a elk is just a bonus.
if you were closer we could probably work something out.
My sister lives in Branson, Missouri, and she is 11 hours away from me.

Kevin

I'd like to do that trip, however, I have plans for next year (or so... I hope I do). You sound like a good huntin' partner & I'm in northeast Iowa right along your travel route. I'll keep you in mind if things change. Are licenses over the counter???

Good luck to all
the dog

Draw

I'd like to do that trip, however, I have plans for next year (or so... I hope I do). You sound like a good huntin' partner & I'm in northeast Iowa right along your travel route. I'll keep you in mind if things change. Are licenses over the counter???

Good luck to all
the dog

They are Draw, the dead line to apply is March 15th.
the last couple of years, they have had some left over tags. but you really can't count on that they will every year.

Kevin

Damn...a shower, toilet and all I need is a sleeping bag, rifle and some cash.....tempting... :) Hope you find someone as this seems like a great opportunity.

Holy Smokes, what a clean and crisp camp. It truly is like the Holiday Inn.

Good luck searching.

Man I wish I was closer to you! Made my first elk hunting trip to sw montana for opening weekend and was lucky enough to tag out on a cow! I've already started planning my 2015 hunt.

Orange

I don't think I could "live up" to share that camp!

Dave N
I don't mean to be rude, but looking at your avatar, the first thing that you would need to do, to hunt with me, is trade that Pumpkin suit in on some camo and just a orange vest.
all that orange could cause permanent blindness. lol :)

Kevin

And thanks everyone, my Camp is very comfortable.

HEY! I resemble that remark! Actually, it IS just a vest. One of those insulated, reversible ones.

Here, try this.

picture.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back