MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

DIY Colorado Elk fall 2010 hunt

Any way to get "around" the hunter safety course requirement as an out of stater? This really causes a problem since I wont be going to the state that i get an elk permit until i am hunting! Who thinks up this crap anyway?
And i sure as heck dont want to have to do the butt shuffle trying to get their early to do the instructor required stuff like range fire, etc.

I can legally hunt in Illinois because its if born AFTER January 1, 1980 needs to take the safety course. (I was born in 1971).

remauto....

They have 1 day "crash course" that will give you a legal hunter safety card. Colorado also does an internet course that you only have to attend a one day of class room time. Check the link I posted and go to hunter education and see the different options available. B ut, if you take a regular course in your home state, Colorado will honor it.

"Any way to get "around" the hunter safety course requirement as an out of stater?"

Gawd I hope not. You'll be coming to a state where you get to shoot a big boy gun instead of a shotgun. Maybe for the first time ever... EXCITING! We (who may be hunting around you) would not want that bad boy to get away from you and get shot.

Consider that just maybe you do not know everythng you could about gun safety and take a hunter's safety course even though it is optional back home. It won't kill you, but running around spraying bullets with whatever inherited notions of 'safe' come to mind might.

If you do find a way around taking hunter's saftey before arriving, please give us a heads up (advance warning).

Attachments

• big-something.jpg
    big-something.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 3,491
Last edited:
Colorado is serious about hunter safety verification. I didn't have my card with me this year and the vendor, who had all my info pulled up on his computer and was looking at my mile deer buck tag, would not sell me an otc bull tag w/out me obtaining a copy from the Pagosa DOW office. My bad, the rules clearly state card presentation. Luckily, the young lady at DOW stayed late to accommodate.

In Colorado you can show your card at a DOW office and have them put 'verified' in your file. After that you will never have to show your card at licence vendors or elsewhere. All your licences will have "verified" printed on them, automatically.

"Any way to get "around" the hunter safety course requirement as an out of stater?"

Gawd I hope not. You'll be coming to a state where you get to shoot a big boy gun instead of a shotgun. Maybe for the first time ever... EXCITING! We (who may be hunting around you) would not want that bad boy to get away from you and get shot.

Consider that just maybe you do not know everythng you could about gun safety and take a hunter's safety course even though it is optional back home. It won't kill you, but running around spraying bullets with whatever inherited notions of 'safe' come to mind might.

If you do find a way around taking hunter's saftey before arriving, please give us a heads up (advance warning).

Khunter...unless you have been in the military just as I ..... I have probably shot alot more big boy guns than you. I was stationed in Florida which is a rifle state as well. WHile they say No one can have enough hunter safety education (which i dont agree with that statement) I have been hunting for over 26 years now and I have managed not to shoot anyone as of yet. (maybe you better duck though, I do tend not appreciate mouthy jerk-offs that probably deserve it anyway) ;) Oh yeah, and enlighten me with your god-like wisdow... How exactly does someone "run around spraying bullets" with a Bolt action rifle anyway? Your last name isn't Clinton or maybe Obama is it?

I've never joined a site to intentionally piss people off...maybe everybody should take a little step back before we all end up looking like pompous asses.

khunter,

It is obvious that rimjob1187 knows everything. Not likely any value in sharing any information with him or advice.

He knows it all.

What is it with you jose queero? Cant you read? The bonehead above insinuated that I needed hunter safety education...yet he doesnt know me. And any moron that would put spraying bullets in with a bolt action rifle must be just as or even more ignorant than you are. Who rifle hunts big game with a inherantly less accurate semi-auto anyway?

Oh yeah Jose Queero (aka Freddie Mercury) surely you've been watching SGCP on the stock market, right? If you have...you should have that little tail of yours tucked by now. If you would have got it when i said to now you would be up 36% right now. So where is your winning stock pick queeny? Or do you not have one because you are too busy trolling forums and just really proving yourself a useless idiot by your posts?

Put up or shutup!

Pump and Dump, Pump and Dump..... Keep playing with your penny stocks where you can only hurt yourself, just stay out of the woods where you can hurt somebody else if you aren't a safe hunter.

Oh trust me queeny....I would probably have to serve time since my "accident" with you would probably be no accident. I would just be doing alot of people a big favor. There are plenty of A$$ Holes in this world...we don't really need you here!

So I guess you got nothing? Figures....typical blow-hole!

Last edited:
You can't get around the system, unless you're old. Apparently NHY isn't as old as I thought he was. :D

remauto... same goes for you. Threating people with an "accident"? Uh... we really dont' need you hear either.

Nice, threatening people with an "accident"...

Yep, rimjob, I got nothing.... you are the know-it-all with all the answers, living large on $130 of a penny stock, trying to avoid learning how to be safe hunting, whining about the cost of a $150 out of state hunting license, and then asking people to provide you advice on where to go hunt your first elk.

I can't top that for being the largest self-serving idiot.

Just came across this thread. I know it's old, but like you always hear...anything you post on the internet is out there forever. Anyway I can't help but wonder how many anti hunters have come across this immature exchange. Do the hunting community a big favor, sell all of your hunting gear and use the money to by all your meat at the grocery store from now on. Our sport needs to raise more awareness...just not the kind people like you bring. GROW UP ALREADY. I don't care if you bought 10,000 shares of microsoft @ $.01 a share, all that money won't buy you a bit of maturity but you could always spend it on some spelling lessons.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back