Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Diet Pepsi

First I have read hundreds of research papers in this field so I was fairly sure of what it would say, but in fairness to your offering I read the summary to see if it had causal data or mere correlation. Once I saw merely correlation I knew it wasn’t worth reading further.

As for your idiot remark, name calling is always the last fallback in a discussion. I should have added name calling to the list of “hyperbole, emotion and rumor” in lieu of good science. I am sorry one of the world’s most preeminent health care organizations doesn’t agree with your hyperbole and that this hurt your feelings enough to start name calling.

how dare you use facts in your arguments!!

Diet soda is bad for you to start with. It contains sucralose which is table sugar that has been chlorinated and is suspected contributor to kidney dysfunction issues (according to mine and my wife's doctors). We both have kidney issues and we drank Diet Pepso and Mt Dew for years. My wife may have to go on dialysis due to the problem and we both are banned off diet soda or anything that contains artificial sweeteners.

Diet soda is bad for you to start with. It contains sucralose which is table sugar that has been chlorinated and is suspected contributor to kidney dysfunction issues (according to mine and my wife's doctors). We both have kidney issues and we drank Diet Pepso and Mt Dew for years. My wife may have to go on dialysis due to the problem and we both are banned off diet soda or anything that contains artificial sweeteners.
I am sorry to hear of your troubles, but Sucralose wasn’t even used in Diet Pepsi until late 2016. Several hundred studies prove it to be one of the safer food ingredients. But if you have kidney troubles for whatever reason, definitely follow your doctor’s instructions now. That’s a tough one to manage.

I only drink pop (soda, coke, whatever else it’s called) if it has 🥃 in it!! And lately I have been drinking that with water.

Mom never let us have it as kids even though she drank at least a 6 pack a day of diet dew. She had to quit that though when her heart kept fluttering and the doc suggested she cut back.

My father-in-law keeps all his beverages in the garage-winter, summer, hot, cold, new stuff, old stuff, I bet he has some that's 2 years old and been through a multitude of freeze-thaw cycles...I can't ever enjoy a beer over there :(
I once had a 1971 GMC pickup. A can of Bud ended up in the door where a 6x9 speaker used to be. Well, it was in the door a couple Summers at least. Bouncing around Nevada when I lived there. 4 wheeling and exploring the desert. One day, yep, a guy with me cracked it and drank it. 90 degree 2 year old door Budweiser. mtmuley

Back