did you ever feel like you were dying

tnctcb

i went up to ashville north carolina to load on tuesday and had to wait until wednesday to do it. i checked in to a motel and felt like i needed a nap, this was about noon, i woke up at 6 oclock and it took me 2 hours to drag myself out of bed to get something to eat before the resteraunt closed but i probablly wouldnt have made it then if i didnt already know they werent open for breakfast and i wouldnt be able to eat until lunch on wednesday. when i woke up on wednesday i felt like someone was sitting on my chest and i couldnt breath deep enough to get any oxygen so i called an ambulance to take me to the hospital. i couldnt speak well enough to tell the paramedics what was really going on so they were treating me like i was having a heart attack. turns out it was only a virus and finally today i am starting to feel a bit better. all i could think of while i was laying there waiting on test results were things like how will my family make it, who can i give my alaska deposit to, can i sell by truck and bike for what i owe on them, how will my family make it. thankfully it was only a virus but it sure makes you look at life in a different way. for the record.
1 no my alaska deposit is not up for grabs
2 no my truck is not for sale
3 no my bike is not for sale
4 wife and 5 kids ( open for negotiation)
sure hope my wife doesnt read this

Lordy tnc glad it wasn't worse. Had to be tougher dealing with that with no family around. Drink your OJ brother. :)

tnctcb....For starters, I'm glad that you are okay...

I've never had the experience of thinking I was dying when I really had time to think about it, as you did, although there were three times when I was sure I was a goner due to accidents.... Not much time to have your life flash before your eyes in those situations, because things happen so quickly, but it's a pretty scary experience just the same.... The first time it happened was when I was run over by a farm tractor at age 12, and the latest time was just last December when I lost control of my truck and left the road at 70 MPH... I was fortunate to have survived with minimum physical injury, but it is not pleasant to remember that instant each time when I knew the accident was imminent and was SURE that I was gonna be DEAD...... :eek: ....

The morning after a bottle of Boon's Farm and 3 six packs of beer. The only other time was hitting a tree head on at at 40 mph. Would have been faster but the telephone pole slowed us down some.

I thought I was having a Heart Attack last year, man the pain was bad! We got to the ER and could'nt get seen! Later at my Doctor's office it was Diagnosised as Heartburn and stress! Last year was a Killer, sorta like the Dude spinning plates and trying to not let any drop! Hope your doing better. John

Damn Tim,, now you know what I felt like when you were here last...Some scarry stuff ain't it hump And oh by the way,,, If you are going to get my .30-06 then I get your bike :D ;) I'm damn glad that your alright bud...and they found it to be just a virus, (go to your dr. when you get home to follow up on it though) (I just wish they could tell me whats wrong with my chest pain, and breathing chit :MAD ) Take care of your self..
(Note to self: talk to Tim's wife about his Alaska deposit :rolleyes: )

Hunterman(Tony)

Hunterman, I had chest pains & my heart would race after I would wake up. It turned out I had sleep apnea. Heart has to work overtime to make use of your limited oxygen.
Do you snore badly? Does your lady have a hard time sleeping because your snoring is so loud? Do you sometimes get rocked out of a solid sleep and find yourself wide awake? Do you feel tired and rundown all the time.
If any of this sounds farmiliar, you should talk to your doctor about having a sleep study done. The solution would be using a breathing machine while your sleeping. The only time I have chest pains now is when I fall asleep without my machine on, Good Luck hope all works out for you, JLG.

yeah he snores. i slept in his den once and could hear him from there. hes gonna say it was the dog though cause if he said it was becky she would kill him |oo . and if i say you snore you must snore cause i can wake the dead. :D

Glad to hear that it wasn't anything serious, and that you called soemone to come and get you to the hospital. When I was in my EMT class I saw or heard of at least 12 different men driving themselves to the hospital while having chest pains or difficulty breathing. It takes man to go to the hospital but a bigger man to call someone to take them to the hospital. Keep us posted on how you're feeling.
Qucik Draw

Got a little scare couple of weeks ago after passing out and falling out of my chair. Luckily hard head hit the floor first. Three little titanium stints in the ticker and all's well again. Worst part, no more smokes!! Ol Bob

Tim...
I am very glad that you had nothing more than a virus...
I had that Bejing flu a number of years ago and played dead on the couch for almost a week, lost twenty pounds, then my joints hurt for over six months, I though I was never going to get over that one...

BbarC...
We sure want to see you staying around for a number of more years... I am still just really glad every one is doing good...

I drowned in Alaska in 1985 and was saved by my buddy casting a 15# line and slowly playing me out of deep water. I distinctly had time to think, it felt very good, didn't feel the cold water, I now have a lot of life insurance and enjoy as much fishing and hunting as I can pack in. Never know.

Erin, it was one of the strains yes...

Wow Ringer... That sounds like a real good story... You ought to give us a good amount of details on that...

rick i couldnt tell you if you snore or not. people need to be in a different room for me to hear them. otherwise i usually drown them out myself ;) thanks to everyone for their concerns. i really wasnt looking for pity but rather wanting to hear your brushes with death. ringer i think yours gets the prize.

Well hell Tim,,,It you wanted to hear about brushes with death :rolleyes: Did I ever tell you about the time I used Beckys sewing machine to fix a pair of hunting pants??? When she saw her machine :BLEEP: (parts scattered from hell to breakfast :eek: ) well lets just say the I could have bought her a new one for what it cost to get that one out of the shop hump She won't even let me help her take it out of the closet :eek:

Hunterman(Tony)

Back