Caribou Gear Tarp

Detachable sling swivels

OntarioHunter

I've had some tough luck with detachable sling swivels. They are "nice" to have on my rifle when I want to remove the sling at the range. Also, packing the rifle in airline case works a bit better if the sling is detached. But for my shotgun and bird hunting, a removable sling is extremely useful. The sling stays in my upland vest's game bag until I'm walking out. Waterfowl hunting I want to sling the gun when I'm hiking in/out with the decoy bag on my back. Anyway, I've gone through several different kinds of detachable sling swivels. They don't seem to hold up or too difficult to detach, especially with cold or wet hands. Any suggestions?

I’ve tried several and it seems that the ones that are easy to detach are also the ones that detach when you don’t want them to. The ones that stay put in the field are usually not the quickest to detach. One of those deals where you can’t have your cake and eat it too.
The inexpensive Uncle Mike’s setup is working pretty good for me. I like it because the outer portion of the detach “plunger “ has threads that you screw down and it doesn’t allow for it to be depressed.
I’ve developed a habit of checking my sling attachments constantly. I’ve had a few incidents of untimely detachment that could’ve been ugly.
Had a QD come undone in a boulder field and rifle landed hard on the rocks about 8’ down. Luckily no damage and didn’t change POA but I had to check zero before I could keep going.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back