Caribou Gear Tarp

Desperately need Colorado unit 20 help

diem24

Any and all help appreciated. Weve been scouting an area for 2 days and havent seen a single deer or cow elk yet. Thinking of moving area to see if we can turn anything up. Please PM me if you can help with general advice. Not looking to steal honey holes etc. Weve got some ground to hunt that has some big meadows. Not sure if we should be looking high, low or in between. Is this big moon helping or hurting us? Is the rut going yet at all???
Thank you, Nik

Don't get too desperate. Sometimes learning a few things is a bigger success than notching a tag. Try to enjoy being out in the woods and be grateful for the opportunity to get to hunt. How's that for a trite answer? :) Good luck!

Everybody is having a tough time in CO right now. Hopefully the weather changes will help this week. Keep after it. If your in unit 20 I bet animals are still up in RMNP.

Your help is coming this Thursday, good winter storm is brewing. Hopefully it will get the animals moving around again. We may get some good snow in Southern Wyoming and Northern Colorado.

We saw a decent buck this morning. He crossed a 40yrd wide opening, then he was gone just like that. Still havent seen an elk or a doe. Im really hoping the weather lights a fire under them. Thanks for the help. Last yr I was in 71 down south. I at least was seeing deer the whole time. Notched the tag on last day on a big framed deer w tiny forks. Solo, hard hunt that I loved doing. tried something different this yr and so far its looking like a bad move. Too much timbered up mountains where we are. Even if they are here, we wouldnt be able to see them. In town, its a different story. Does everywhere and a local business woman says there about a 400" bull w 200 cows hanging around the golf course. Anotehr guy says there an 18 pt buck running around Estes Park. Go figure, right??? Thanks guys.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back