Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Desert Bear

Wapiti Slayer

My freind shot this Bear on the last day of the season after we came off the mountain Elk and Deer hunting down to the flats. She was in the only yellow patch of grass within 10 miles and had a den dug out. Strange place for a Bear!

TroysBear2.jpg

TroysBear.jpg

Not really as uncommon as you think, where I hunt in early spring, they will be out in the sage working on plots of wild onions and in the fall they will be back down in those pockets working on thornberrys, I have run several bears out in open sage country.

Good looking bear! We've seen them a couple times driving in to go fishing on the S Fork of the Boise in the sage.

GatoMan said:
Not really as uncommon as you think, where I hunt in early spring, they will be out in the sage working on plots of wild onions and in the fall they will be back down in those pockets working on thornberrys, I have run several bears out in open sage country.

I meant the Yellow grass, it made her stand out from a long ways. If she would have been over in the Sage we probably would have never seen her.

Back