Describe your duck-hunting rig

yooper

Here's my set-up: A 14' Smokercraft semi-v Jon Boat. It is a center-console and powered by a 20 hp Mercury. Features: Custom interior marsh-grass camo; running lights; GPS; depth finder; in-dash compass; and dry storage.
View

For a blind I had dry marsh grass woven into chicken wire and I affixed it to a frame I made for the boat. I could run up and down the river system on plane with this grass attached. Plus, for open-water diver hunting I had an instant blind allowing me to go wherever I wanted to! This is how it looked with the rigging attached:
View

And finally, here was my reason for duck hunting:
View

-
-
-
-
-
Now both the boat and my old partner are gone.......

......but I do have my memories.

So how about it: Tell us about your set-up.

------------------
indian.gif

VEGETARIAN: Indian word meaning 'Bad Hunter'

Yoop-I dont have a set up but i had to post seeing young yoop standing by the boat! heck of a setup ya had there. Wheres the boat????hehehe bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif
Logoboy.jpg

Yooper. Ive got a set-up but its not the usual. Its a 18 foot bass boat with a 175hp motor on it. My rod locker holds my shotguns.
I use it to get into coves on the other side of the lake (where its quiet) and hunt. The ducks out here are not as skiddish as the ones Ive hunting in washington state. they see a bass boat and they fly right over it.
I do however park the boat alot and walk and or hide in cover.

Delw

we use a 14ft alum. jon boat completely camoed-out we cut palmetto frawns to cover the top of the boat! A palmetto frawn is like a branch from a palm tree, a straight stalk and a fan at the top.If we are in shallow enough water we take and stick the stalk into the ground and the fan comes up and conceals the boat, if we are in deep water we simply lay the palm frawns accross the boats completly covering the top!

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back