Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Deer vision question.

Thanks for the great responses guys, I really did not understand what the camera was seeing. What prompted this was the kids were watching a National Geographic show deer that made the statement that compared to humans deer are almost blind. I did some more research and found an article that claimed deer only have 20/100 vision, but mentioned that they may be able to see ultra-violet light. This got me thinking about that photo. It fit with my experience that more open patterns on softer fabric help me stay undetected longer.

Just shoot em at 1000 yds. Can't see or smell you at that distance. Fair chase is overrated 🙄

Why? I never so a trophy that I would take that long of a shot. I have been able to get within 100 yards of bucks in most cases where I found them except when wind was bad. I almost never take more than 200 yard shots max and would rather take an unfilled tag home than risk a wounding shot where I might never retrieve the deer.

Why? I never so a trophy that I would take that long of a shot. I have been able to get within 100 yards of bucks in most cases where I found them except when wind was bad. I almost never take more than 200 yard shots max and would rather take an unfilled tag home than risk a wounding shot where I might never retrieve the deer.
Sorry, it was meant to be sarcastic. My personal limit is 300 yds. 1000 yd shots seem to be all the rage these days.

Sorry, it was meant to be sarcastic. My personal limit is 300 yds. 1000 yd shots seem to be all the rage these days.

LOL hard to separate sarcasm from serious talk when I have actually seen people do long range shots that can only result in wounding shots. If you look at the ballistics charts for most any deer ammo, the energy is very low at 1000 yard shots and the drop is significant. Sad thing is when I was on the farm, my dad sent some hunters packing because of shots they were taking like that and to top it off, shooting into someone else's land.

300 is my max for my 30-06. I am buying a Remington 7mm Winchester Mag that can reach out further but I doubt if I would take anything over 500 other than a paper target to see if I can hit it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back