Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Deer-Trout Creek-Oregon :)

MTPharmHunter

Looks like I'll be taking the long bow to Oregon to try to arrow a mulie! I'm planning on hunting the last week of August. Anyone been here? Should I wait until later in the season? If anyone is going to be there let me know, maybe we could meet-up.

Very low deer numbers in that whole corner of the state. Awesome country! You'll earn a buck if you kill one but that goes for most of Oregon.....

Anyone else getting hosed by the Holloway fire in Oregon/Nevada???? Pretty much all of the trouts have burned. So much for chasing deer next week

just today they shut down all sage grouse permits in whitehorse unit,,,you may want to give the burns blm office a call about the fire info by trout creek,,,good luck.

lookin on the fire incident map it doesnt look like it got it all///call the burns blm office and i would think they could give ya some info on places to stiil go maybe.

Beware of the current road conditions !

After the first two fires i scouted the trouts.

The much appreciated hard work from our fire fighters

naturally has taken a huge toll on the road system.

As you know the roads have never been anything to brag

about. I scouted the trouts a couple of weeks ago and

several sections are nothing but 16 to 24 inches of dust.

The two access roads on eastside seemed a bit better than

westside. I hate to think of how they are now after

the monster holloway fire.

AS NOTED THE BURNS BLM SHOULD HAVE UPDATE!

Thanks for the update. I decided not to buy the tag given all the fire activity and traffic in the area over the last two weeks. Just too big of a gamble for the money as an out-of-stater. I hope the there are still some animals in the area for you if you plan on hunting it still. Goodluck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back