Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Deer Poaching Ring Busted

teej89

Saw this on gohunt then found another article, I like the punishment however wish the fine was higher but 18mo probation and 50yrs loss of hunting license sounds on par to me. Unfortunately for him is that PA is part of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact. If only he could still collect preference points(I don't think they can?), could have a fun fall when he's 68 lol

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016...pect-gets-50-year-hunting-license-suspension/

Last edited:
I do not think that taking away his hunting privileges will stop him in the future as he was not hunting, but poaching. He has been influenced by unethical people his whole life (his dad was covering up for him) and this is probably not the first 11 deer he has shot at night, or the last. Unfortunately.

I do not think that taking away his hunting privileges will stop him in the future as he was not hunting, but poaching. He has been influenced by unethical people his whole life (his dad was covering up for him) and this is probably not the first 11 deer he has shot at night, or the last. Unfortunately.

I was thinking the same thing. It is clear that he did not care about having a license.

Unfortunately this is true. You can watch the warden shows and see that they know a lot of repeat offenders and talking to locals in Alaska while I was there it is really bad there. We have big known poaching areas here in FL and the FWC guys are pretty handcuffed when it comes to private leases. Was talking to an FWC officer about the lease and referred to it as the hwy 51 hunting club and he laughed knowing I was referencing the poaching that goes on the property due to easy access and exit from hwy 51. He told me he is only allowed to spend X amount of hours on private land per year baiting poachers and once that is up he is done. He was really irritated with the way it was as well. He had three smaller counties he was the only officer assigned to.

Yep,and there's stories of more than a few in these parts, but off the books.......14 unsolved. LOL Or so THEY say.
I do know one old retired sheriff I would not want to P-off... and a couple old rancher gals who might eat him as soon as look at him.LOL

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back